The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Why 95% of Marketers Fail to Make Money Online

dumphreys

affiliate
Why do so many marketers fail to make money online? There are a numbers of reasons for this but it really all boils down to their mindset!

When we first start out in our new online adventure we have all good intensions of making money but we do not really treat it as business only another form of income.

What do I mean by that? For any business to succeed it needs to put into place a system or systems, take for example the supermarkets! The way that they set out their stores is a system if you was blind folded and taken to Tesco?s when the blind fold was removed you would know that you was in Tesco?s because of the way they set the store out lead us through the vegetable isle and so on.

Having Reduced items or Free items so that you will buy, buy, buy but the biggest marketing tool they have is the loyalty card which has all their customers contact details and collects their spending habits, they have a System.

Most marketers when they first get online they start affiliated marketing, which is fine you write a few articles comment on a few forums place a few ads even pay for adwords and send them to an affiliates page so they can collect the contact details and they will pay you your commission.

You see they have a system in place that they can promote additional products or services, these are 5% they have set up a business system.

You can still do affiliate marketing but you need to set up your own system or systems that can be automated (Autopilot) a business that will work without you working it.

Well that all sounds great But how do I do that, you need to take one of your niche markets or sub niche markets and become an authority on that niche and you need to set up a opt in page (squeeze page, capture page) and a Autoresponder so that you build your database of niche based customers and find other products or services that you can offer and put them into your autoresponder.

Once you have done this you then need to get traffic to your opt in page again this is your business and you need to invest into your business.
There a number of methods to get traffic to your site Free Traffic, Paid Traffic, Automated Traffic, many different methods and techniques.

The mindset is important.
A person can have trouble multitasking.
Achieving 1 goal is very simple.
You could get in trouble if you have primary and secondary tasks.
If you chase after 2 rabbits, you might not catch any of them.
What I mean is that you you need to chase after 1 rabbit at a time.

the reason is because there are too much information.
It is very difficult for a newbie to stick in one information, one field of IM, focus on it and practice because every single day, there are too much information will appear in internet. Anyway, I agree with John. The most important thing is focus and mindset

I think the #1 reason people fail online is because they have a pre-conceived notion of what internet marketing is before they start. So they expect it to be easy and to be making money right away, but it's not that easy.

If they would just stay dedicated and not give up, they would eventually succeed. Way too many people just give up WAY too easily.

I agree melovemoney- People are in love with a "get rich quick" way of working- however, once they try maybe once or twice and their efforts prove to be unsuccessful they figure its not worth it, I think people no matter what they have heard, as long as they are determined and dedicated they will make HUGE profits- all it takes is time...and listening to other peoples thoughts, suggestions, or constructive criticisms...

two reasons:

1)they are lazy - start something and not keep doing what they need to make money.

2) they think it`s fast and easy like a kid game so they dont take it to seriously

I feel also many who starts with intention to make money do not dare to take risk. Sometimes in order
to know if an idea can work or not, you need to make some investment. After trying out some ideas
and making some investments that goes down the drain, i finally have some assets that are making
profits. My friends who see my online business making profit always express they want to try
online business too. But when they all want to do this without spending a single cent. When asked to
invest, they all back down.

Good article, really good points. You need to be focused on succeeding, success dont come over night. Keep at it, dedicate your time on educating your self about your market on forums like this one. And of course re-invest, its a business all business strive and grow from cash flow and money. If you use the first money you earn the forget about it.

Any ways good article. Keep up the good work.

Regards John

Why 95% of Marketers Fail - to Make money Online?

Good article, really good points. You need to be focused on succeeding, success dont come over night. Keep at it, dedicate your time on educating your self about your market on forums like this one. And of course re-invest, its a business all business strive and grow from cash flow and money. If you use the first money you earn the forget about it.

Any ways good article. Keep up the good work.

Regards John

John,

Thanks for the comment, about re-investing back into your business is absolutely right, however if this you only form of income put 50% back into you business but make sure you spend wisely, outsourcing is a good spend! providing it is productive to your business ie: Article Writing, Writing Reviews, Building quality back link to your site etc.

One of the most Important things you can Invest in is You, whether it is on your Business education or Thing thing that controls us all your MIND :) Spend Wisely.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of reasons for failing in affiliate marketing. As most of the people do it as a part time work besides daily job. Spending less time here means low chance of promoting the program.

In this world, patience is one of an most essential thing as many search for fast traffic, get instant traffic and this won?t work in SEO. So you really have to spend full time to promote the program to achieve success.

I couldn't agree more, most people think that they can go to their regular job for eight to ten hours a day and then come home and do a push a little bit of traffic and they have an extra few hundred dollars in income...however what many people fail to realize is that if you spend the 8-10 hours building, maintaining, and pushing for more that extra few hundred dollars could quickly turn into hundreds or even thousands if you run your traffic correctly...

**Extra money is alwayyyyyys good lets keep the traffic rolling!!!

I still work a full time day job and it is very, very difficult to do that and try to work on Internet Marketing in the evening. The fortunate part for me is I travel alot for work. So I use my time in the hotels, airports, etc to work on IM.
But the main thing is "focus". If you focus on what you are doing, stick to only a few strategies, and do the work, you will start to see the rewards. My time is very limited but quality is better than quantity when you are in this type of a boat. The handful of sites I have are starting to make some money. It is small but growing slowly. The more sites I can get up and ranked high in Google, that money starts to grow.
The goal is to reach a sufficient level of online income to where I no longer need my day job and can focus on IM 100% of time. The key is focus and make the best use of what time you have.

There are a number of reasons for failing in affiliate marketing. As most of the people do it as a part time work besides daily job. Spending less time here means low chance of promoting the program.

In this world, patience is one of an most essential thing as many search for fast traffic, get instant traffic and this won?t work in SEO. So you really have to spend full time to promote the program to achieve success.

Thanks for your comments, but I will have to add.
Spend more time building a relationship with your niche market, become an authority figure someone that can be trusted and give quality advice whether paid or FREE and you will find that traffic comes to you it's viral :)

Hello all.. I think commitment to the cause is key. Trying to stay ahead of the game and be innovative in how you generate traffic (as best you can and not being naughty about it either - protecting reputation is important too).. having a good understanding of how the net/search engines/traffic generation works is important too.

I know a lot of people (including me, often), who simply have trouble focusing. When affiliates go from one strategy to another all the time, it is easy to just spin wheels, instead of building a solid, systemized business.

The way I see it, most folks that are new haven't made the leap from being a consumer (buying marketing products) to actually taking what they know and actually becoming a doer.

The reality is that there are really only a handful of ways to make money online and there are only really a handful of ways to get it done. Once someone realizes THAT, the only thing standing in their way is the marketing side of things (which really is figuring out the best way to get someone to do what you want them to do)...

banners
Back