The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Who's got BLOGS?

mark07

affiliate
Hey guys I just read today in a news article that how blogs help a person improve their chances of getting a job in a company. It has been an upcoming tool for companies who like to evaluate their candidates from their personal blogs as it gives them a better picture of how and what the prospective candidate thinks.

As the employers are unable to know completely how a person is in a 10-30 minutes interview, they are really looking forward to assess the candidates from what they write as it shows them their mindset and their outlook towards various subjects.

I personally think it is a great tool to assess people as many are introverts who are not comfortable in meeting strangers and expressing themselves verbally but who can really express themselves by what they write.

I feel onliners who are looking for jobs should have their blogs to make their prospects more strong. What do you guys think about it?

Cheers,
Mark.

I think using one's blog as part of assessment for a job can potentially be useful. But I think this depends on the industry you are seeking employment in and the subject matter of your blog.

Yeah that's right as many small scale companies have not considered it as a tool which can be used for employment procedure but I guess they will follow it when time comes and also the matter of the blog has to speak a persons mind which will definitely exclude blogs that are educative in theoretical terms.

Most of the blogs I tend to come across are not very useful in my opinion, they tends to fall into two categories: Make money blogs and personal blogs.

Now and again I come across very well written informative blogs but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Bloggs and employment

I think there is a danger that some companies may view your blogg as a negative thing, especially if it is either a) not very good (as Temi says...) or b) likely to be time consuming.

They may worry that you will spend all your time at work blogging!

Just started blogging on bizface and I am trying to err on the side of quality rather than quality!

Just started blogging on bizface and I am trying to err on the side of quality rather than quality!

This is the way to go Stephanie, I started the other way round, now when I look back at some of the stuff I posted in the early days of my blogs I fell embarrassed, but I have convinced myself that no one will see the mistakes.

This is the way to go Stephanie, I started the other way round, now when I look back at some of the stuff I posted in the early days of my blogs I fell embarrassed, but I have convinced myself that no one will see the mistakes.

Thanks Temi, I am sure you are right that no one notices the old stuff too!

:D

MI
Back