monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Who will replace Allardyce?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by FerrariDave, Jan 10, 2008.

1. FerrariDave

FerrariDave Affiliate affiliate

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce was unexpectantly axed from his position at the club yesterday. Being a Newcastle fan, there's a lot of speculation as to who our new boss will be.

Who do you reckon it'll be?

David

2. monetizer
  3. temi

temi Facilitator affiliate

David,
    I would have like Alan Shearer to take over but he said he is now ready. I think the board of Newcastle may look beyond UK to find a replacement for Allardyce.

Can't think of that many quality English/British managers looking for jobs at the moment, apart from Steve McClaren.

4. FerrariDave

Yeah, I very much doubt Shearer would become manager. Might not be a good idea for is reputation anyways as if it goes wrong (as it always seems to with Newcastle), his currently high reputation will probably be shattered.

Beyond the UK has got to be the only way I reckon as like you say, there is a lack of English managers looking for a job in the Premiership.

David

5. temi

David, do you think they should consider former Chelsea manager?

6. FerrariDave

Yeah, I'd love to see Jose as the new manager - always liked his style at Chelsea. Although, I think he has some sort of clause within his sign-off contract from Chelsea saying he can't manage another Premiership club - not sure about the validity of that though?

David

7. temi

He is a bit too arrogant for my liking but maybe it could work magic for Newcastle.

8. FerrariDave

Yeah he is arrogant but he was an amazing manager at Chelsea and I always thought his attitude was great - always knew what he was doing :D

David

9. temi

Not sure he is such a great manager, giving all the money he has to spend, hadly any manager can fail with that kind of money in your kitty.

10. smeagain

smeagain Distinguished Member affiliate

What about Terry Vennables

11. temi

Terry Vennables has got good reputation, undeserved I would argue, I cannot think of any outstanding success he achieved be it during his days at Tottenham, Leeds or England.

12. clangallacher

clangallacher Affiliate affiliate

They should go for Martin O'Neil

13. temi

Martin O'Neil is an excellent manager, he can turn their fortune around.

14. clangallacher

clangallacher Affiliate affiliate

They should go for MARTIN O'NEIL

Featured Resources (View All)

MI