The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Which affiliate programs for newbies?

duanecwilson

affiliate
I am not going to ask about specific niches or products to promote - I know that is a slippery slope and we have to find our own niches away from the internet marketing niche. But, I do have a few questions that are more general.

1) What affiliate networks are best for beginners? (Many ask for a website or domain name) I have a couple domain names, but the merchant will just see a blank page and turn me down. It has happened before. I do see some discouraging Clickbank, which seems easies. If not Clickbank, then who.

2) I have couple generic domains something like tinyurl. Is it a good idea to make a landing page (either sub-domain or folder) with these for every product or category you want to promote.

3) Are re-directs from these types of generic urls OK?

4) How does Google handle searches from generic urls with folders or subdomains?

I obviously need these types of answers as I cannot afford a domain for every type of test, but I don't want to lose Google's favor, either, with ignorant approaches.

Thank you for any help.

Hi Duane,

1) Niche 1st - then network. You need to know what type of product then that may in part determine the network. CB is only ebooks so if you decide on the DJ niche and want to sell turn tables, or the pet niche and want to sell a certain type of pet product, they aren't going to be on CB.

Plus if you know your niche you can get at least a couple of niche content pages up so merchants don't see a blank site.

2) If the topics warrant it you could use subdomains to separate them. But if the domain and pages are about a relate topic, you can just use pages.

3) Are we talking doing PPC with Adwords? If so, I believe redirects are against the TOS. Either way you need to be sure it's OK with the merchant. Some don?t like domain redirects.

4) ??? Sorry, not sure exactly what you are asking?

Duane,

Have you considered religous products? Something you are familiar with? There are a lot of merchants that sell bibles, religious books, jewelery, etc.

To start earning, you should find your market first.

Which group of people are you targeting to? Find their needs and sell to them.

you should have have something to show the network other than a blank page, even its a old Landing page, or a simple blog that describes what you do. You should have a solid marketing tactic product promotional method the whole thing. Make sure you call or email the network even after you apply talk to them - to avoid and tell them what you are doing this will help.

As for what networks to join? that does depend on what product or service you are marketing - but in general try to use a few networks don't just try one.

B

MI
Back