The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Whats the best meta tag combination?

luckyduck

affiliate
Hey folks, What's the best combination of a meta tag? I have a website selling customized tshirts and other gift items

What is the best combination that would work. Also, where does one insert the meta tags exactly? I have my site on wordpress

not entirely sure what your asking here. You want title, description, and keywords for each page, and in that order of importance. The title is very important for your page, the description is secondary, and a lot of people would say that keywords don't even matter, but they definitely don't hurt.

The meta data goes in the header between the <head> and </head>

Title is the most important thing. Description matters also BUT only when keywords are put in description. keyowrds do good BUT only if put in page content as well.
hope this helps :)

Also, where does one insert the meta tags exactly? I have my site on wordpress

I don't worry about meta keywords or meta description on Wordpress blogs. All you need to worry about is having a good title to your post. The title you give the post will also be the meta title, which is THE most important thing. Also be sure to set up the blog so the page url contains the main keywords that are in your post title. Make sure the page url isn't just numbers. I think there's an SEO plugin you can add that takes care of that.

Title tag most important, then description tag.
keyword tag not so much.
quality content is most important for your seo.

I agree with you Simrn, the title with appropriate keywords is most important, then a quality description with good use of key words comes second.

MI
Back