The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What kind of offers should I promote to a fan club?

OscarMike

Hi guys, I've read that fan clubs can be a lucrative way of making money online. People are passionate about their favorite tv show for instance. Let's say I start an unofficial "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (tv show) fan club mailing list. If I say that members can register as an Iphone tester, I'll get lots of signups. The forum that talked about this idea (CPVDEN, which no longer exists) said email submits work well with fan clubs (eg iphone 12 Pro email submits etc).

Is there any other way to make money off of a fan club mailing list though? For instance, could I advertise MMO clickbank products in email? or maybe an Amex credit card cpa offer? or car insurance cpa offer? Or are those too random?

Are CPA offers the only way to go?

Thanks

Last edited:
Let's say I start an unofficial "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (tv show) fan club
Sounds like Luke (FP Traffic), he actually did that for that show.

If I say that members can register as an Iphone tester,
Would they actually BE iPhone testers (or whatever)? You don't want to mislead subscribers, that's a good way to get into trouble, as well as have and lose angry subscribers.

Is there any other way to make money off of a fan club mailing list though? For instance, could I advertise MMO clickbank products in email? or maybe an Amex credit card cpa offer? or car insurance cpa offer? Or are those too random?
Well, you know your audience likes that show. Do you know any other information that could help you pinpoint interest?

My thought is that it could be hard to pitch a MMO to a list who thinks they're subscribing to a fan club newsletter. Could you go with something more targeted, say a movie site trial, or a streaming service that offers series TV shows, that sort of thing? Roku devices? TVs or peripherals, etc.? Just ideas.

maybe an Amex credit card cpa offer? or car insurance cpa offer? Or are those too random?
Those would be better than a make money offer, in my opinion. Random? Could you tie to a show episode? Say, one of the characters has a car accident, or hubby and wife fight about credit card use? I dunno, just throwing ideas out.

I know nothing about your audience, so you probably know better than I do what they'd be interested in. If not, you could try sending them a survey to get a better sense of what they'd be willing to consider.

So, successfully monetizing a group, whether by email or on site, is reliant on the demographics and size of group. You are saying you want to start a fan club mailing list. Does this mean you will not have a supporting web site to manage the list signups or to give them a platform to interact with?

• Topic/objective
    The fans of _____
  • Why participate?
  • You need to satisfy this 'need/reason' with some reasonable motivation.
  • You could include 'offers' that are CPA to the Fan Club's members as ads (advertorials) is a news letter emailed out.
  • Then on the fans website pages have some sort of CPA offer.

But to ask 'what types of offers' without knowing the exact nature of the fans club (idea/content) tells me you have no idea of your market.

What kind of horse should I buy to pull the cart I have not bought yet?
This is what you are asking --there is no real response to be made.

My thought is that it could be hard to pitch a MMO to a list who thinks they're subscribing to a fan club newsletter. Could you go with something more targeted, say a movie site trial, or a streaming service that offers series TV shows, that sort of thing? Roku devices? TVs or peripherals, etc.? Just ideas.

Those are good ideas thanks.

What about a Tai Lopez fan club and I plug a mmo clickbank product?

Or a Volvo fan club and plug a free quote car insurance cpa offer?

Would those work do you think?

So, successfully monetizing a group, whether by email or on site, is reliant on the demographics and size of group. You are saying you want to start a fan club mailing list. Does this mean you will not have a supporting web site to manage the list signups or to give them a platform to interact with?
Yes I would have a supporting website. I would send Facebook traffic (boosted posts) or bing ads to get traffic.

What about a Tai Lopez fan club and I plug a mmo clickbank product?

Or a Volvo fan club and plug a free quote car insurance cpa offer?

Would those work do you think?
If you're targeting offers related to subscribers' interests then sure, it could work. Testing is the best way to find out but don't just send sales pitches, provide content pertaining to the subject matter of the fan club.

Sounds like Luke (FP Traffic), he actually did that for that show.
Yes I remember his case study on Lukepeerfly dot com
Would they actually BE iPhone testers (or whatever)? You don't want to mislead subscribers, that's a good way to get into trouble, as well as have and lose angry subscribers.
That's' the only thing that I found to be unethical about the copy he used in his tutorial. He suggested framing it so the subscriber thought they'd be a tester.

I imagine this would not go well with the cpa netowrk because it would not produce good quality leads.

If you're targeting offers related to subscribers' interests then sure, it could work. Testing is the best way to find out but don't just send sales pitches, provide content pertaining to the subject matter of the fan club.
Yes, the strategy that Lukas talked about involved sending 1 initial email and also a weekly fan club news email with a mention about an offer.

Last edited:
I imagine this would not go well with the cpa netowrk because it would not produce good quality leads.
No, it would not go well, you'd probably lose any commissions you earned and possibly lose your network account, along with your subscribers.

Yes, the strategy that Lukas talked about involved sending 1 initial email with the subject line: "New member giveaway rally" and also a weekly fan club news email with a mention about an offer.
Sounds like you have his course. :)

You can always offer a giveway/freebie for subscribing. Book, behind-the-scenes something or other, tips, video, whatever. Nothing wrong with that, assuming you have the right to give it away. Marketers do that all the time.

I scan emails for something useful to click
The question in my head --> "what's in it for me?"
Very rarely read beyond email headlines
If you want to get your audience to engage suggest this format
Use images but also design for no images
  • Benefit to reader 1
  • Benefit to reader 2
  • Benefit to reader 3
  • Benefit to reader 4
  • Benefit to reader 5

Lucas said fan clubs were his primary source of income in online marketing. He said he was making a few bucks per day in profit per fan clubs. He had many fan clubs. They all add up.

The problem I have with fan clubs is that, from my experience, Facebook doesn't like them. Facebook doesn't mind Fan pages but not an external fan club. I did 2 fan clubs (one for John Cena, and one for WWE) pointing to a squeeze page and my ad account got disabled twice. Perhaps Microsoft Ads is better for this. Have you guys had any different experiences?

Last edited:
banners
Back