The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is the best operating system for an affiliate marketer and a programmer?

What Operating System you preffer?

• Windows

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Mac

• Linux

• Total voters

PureLander

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
AffKit Ninja
PureLander
As an affiliate marketer and a programmer, what operating system you think is the most profitable?
Does the OS create any difference?? And okay! Let's also talk about the profitable OS in general, for work and security as well..

I'm asking because I haven't tried the MacOS yet, and I used Linux for a short time (And I regretted it since drivers aren't available, many websites, games programs are NOT supported .. and since the interface is SO different .. that was a nightmare to google >>how to fix things<< EVERY SINGLE MINUTE :() ..
Windows is the only OS I'm used to and I've been using so far.. (XP - Vista - 7 - 10)
So it's really hard for me to tell the best one ..

++ Windows additional advantage >>the ease of use<< ! (is it only me ??? :rolleyes: ) .. also it allows to work simultaneously with Linux (That's an advantage, huh?? :) ).. It provides many programming languages (but not all of them :confused: ) .. with various customization and compatibility options.. and you won't have difficulties with repair since it's so common and easy to repair.. (you know.. unlike Linux and Mac)

++ When we talk about Linux, (Idk if you've heard that) it's a free source software !!! You can get it for free! Also it's more secure than Windows, there's no need to get an antivirus. It's versatility and speed are also noticeable advantages. It also supports ALL the programming languages!!!! YUP!
(BUT!!!!!!!!! You will DEFINITELY find it hard to switch to it.. ain't it??? I had a nightmare before o_O)

++ For the Mac OS, I've never used it .. so I don't know really ... They say it's more secure than the other OSs? (the quality of the machine and the screen isn't a joke as I've heard :))
(But guys who use it, can you tell me, don't you face obstacles repairing it? Difficult and pricey repair, nah?)

✿ Samira ✿

LINUX Because that is the same os as your servers (usually)
LINUX is not 'free'. You don't have to 'pay' in cash --donating to the LINUX Foundation is a good thing to do when you are profitable --the community does a lot of work for you to keep the LINUX system secure unlike winblows.

If you are really a programmer you need a terminal to connect to both your system and your remote servers and do things the right way in rsync, spc etc ... I could not get by without the whereis, find, grep, sed commands --I need to use them most of the day :)

There is a real learning curve in doing this however.

Bash:
barry@DS-11:~/system$ du -sh
33M     .

barry@DS-11:~/system$ find ~/system  -type f | wc -l
That is my cheat sheet programming and LINUX system file count --10 years of collection
Sometimes my even megamind gets some 'old timers' lack of recall.
I need to find what I have forgotten sometimes :p

LINUX is not 'free'. You don't have to 'pay' in cash --donating to the LINUX Foundation is a good thing to do when you are profitable --the community does a lot of work for you to keep the LINUX system secure unlike winblows.
Yeh, definitely you're right! But I was not wrong when I said it's a free source '-'
That is my cheat sheet programming and LINUX system file count --10 years of collection
Sometimes my even megamind gets some 'old timers' lack of recall.
I need to find what I have forgotten sometimes :p
Unbelievable '-'

✿ Samira ✿

I think a good programmer does not care what operating system. I myself use LINUX. But I have nothing to do with programming. Although, my friend who regularly works with file formatting and sql formatter uses Windows. Here to each his personal preferences.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back