The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What is CSS good for?

ForumJoiner

affiliate
Using HTML tables for positioning is like having a color tattoo all over your body. Using CSS for positioning is like wearing clothes. Now, what is easier if you want to change your look? To remove the tattoo and to make a new one, or to take off your clothes and replace with others?

Many programmers still use HTML tables because of following reasons:
  • they don’t know CSS
  • they got used to HTML tables
  • they believe that HTML tables work the same in every browser

Tables mix the look and content instructions in the same file (example.htm)
CSS separates the look from the content. We will have one file that describes the content (example.htm) and the other one describes the look (example.css). Changing the look of the webpage means changing only the example.css file, which is much easier than changing a mixed content/look file.

While both htm and CSS are text files, meaning that can be edited even with Notepad, it is better to use a tool for working with the CSS file. A freeware tool that can greatly simplify the work with the CSS files is TopStyle Lite for Windows and can be found here.

Same location as table cell data?

Thank you for all your great articles :p Seems there is a lot of new stuff to read. But how would I position every element on a HTML page just by means of CSS?

Take an HTML table with 3 columns and 3 rows that has a width of 100%. What would you have to do that the data bits, which are currently in the table cells are displayed via CSS in exactly the same location?

I am a bit lost on this one...:confused:

lala

I have heard somewhere that in the next few years web browsers will no longer be able to read font tags correctly and so if font tags are used on your webpages then those pages may not display correctly.

I am currently changing my whole site to CSS but it is going to take me a long time. All the newer pages are CSS, but the older ones are plain html and use font tags etc.

Another good thing about CSS is that the size of the page in KB in reduced and with most of my pages it has halved the size of them!

MI
Back