The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What are the Best Types of Articles to Write?

David Jackson

I probably get asked that question at least once a day - and my answer is always the same: If the purpose of your articles are to educate your customers and potential prospects, then the best type of articles to write are those that educate your target audience.

For example, if your audience is tropical fish lovers, then write articles that educate that audience. If your audience is entry-level photographers, then write articles that educate them.

Whatever, you do, don't try to be all things to all people. Always be true to who and what you are. If you do that, your audience will always know where you stand, and they'll stand by you.

David Jackson

Solid advice indeed David.

I would add to write articles that "frame the mindset" of your particular audience. That is, get them thinking about the "next logical step" or your call to action.

Example of one way to do just that (brief example, not a full article)...
-------------------------------
3 Ways To Earn More Commissions As An Affiliate

intro paragraph here

1) Get your own domain.
2) Create a site that is optimized for Search Engines.
3) Think outside the box.

Closing paragraph

Resource box:
If you would like to discover 7 more ways you can increase affiliate commissions, download my valuable report from http://www super-domain com . This report is normally valued at $27.00, but you get it free for a limited time.

-----------------------

See how the title and purpose of the article "frames" the mindset to receive the valuable report to download in the resource box?

Good subject David :)

basically, write articles that relate to your niche, that in turn relates to the products you are selling on your site..... no point writing about tennis if you are selling golf equipment ;)

Be careful not to "educate" your audience to much in your article. You want to almost leave them with a cliff hanger so they'll click the link to find out what happens. If you give to much away, or something they can try on their own, you may lose that click of your link.

Be careful not to "educate" your audience to much in your article. You want to almost leave them with a cliff hanger so they'll click the link to find out what happens. If you give to much away, or something they can try on their own, you may lose that click of your link.

Bryan, would you mind explaining how you arrived at that conclusion? The reason I ask is because articles are supposed to educate the reader. That's the whole point of articles. Also, there's an old aphorism in marketing:

"The more you tell, the more you sell."

David Jackson

Articles are supposed to educate, but only to the point that it makes them click the link to the page you really want them to visit which is either your product page or your landing (pre-sale page) if your an affiliate. If you educate too much, your just giving away and chance at getting a customer. Why give away everything in your article?

For one, educating people creates long articles, and it's a fact that many people don't have the attention span to read the whole way through. Plus on adsense farms like Ezine, you have all the distractions of 500 adds all over the place. Not to mention that giving away YOUR content to let someone else benefit from it before you get credit from it first on your own site is crazy. But that's a whole nother conersation.

What led me to this conclusion? A ton of testing. But what I wound up with was 600 articles and an almost 40 percent clickthrough rate by doing it this way. My earnings of mid four figures a month from article marketing didn't give me a reason to doubt it either:)

Everyone has their own methods, but I've found no matter what your doing, if you are able to create a "need to know more" feeling in someone, they will follow where you lead them too. I'll let the product do the educating. That's where you get paid and that's what the product was created to do in the first place.

Truth is though, I don't do much article marketing any more. I mainly use them for back links and as a extra traffic stream to get people infront of what I want them to see. There are things that are much more profitable and take up less time:) Thats just my opinion though.

I'm going to be starting a blog for keeping saltwater aquariums. I'm thinking that at the end of each article, I will give my readers a description of what my next article is about. For example: if I write an article on choosing an aquarium, I might write at the end of the article that my next article will cover choosing an aquarium stand. This should build some anticipation.

I'm going to be starting a blog for keeping saltwater aquariums. I'm thinking that at the end of each article, I will give my readers a description of what my next article is about. For example: if I write an article on choosing an aquarium, I might write at the end of the article that my next article will cover choosing an aquarium stand. This should build some anticipation.

That's a fantastic idea! Sort of like coming attractions. Great idea!

David Jackson

banners
Back