The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

What are do follow and no follow site?

Nikita53

affiliate
Can anyone please give some information about do follow and no follow site as I am completely anaware of it. Thanks in advance.

"DoFollow is simply an internet slang term given to web pages or sites that are not utilizing NoFollow. NoFollow is a hyperlink inclusion that tells search engines not to pass on any credibility or influence to an outbound link. Originally created to help the blogging community reduce the number of inserted links into a "comment" area of a blog page, the attribute is typically standard in blog comments. It helps overwhelmed webmasters disallow spammers from gaining any kind of advantage by inserting an unwanted link on a popular page.

Search engines each interpret NoFollow in their own way. Here's a list of the major search engines, and their actions when a NoFollow link is seen:
Google follows NoFollow links but simply does not pass on credit to an outbound link that is tagged with the attribute.
Yahoo follows NoFollow links and excludes the link from all ranking calculations.
MSN may or may not follow a NoFollow link, but it does exclude it from ranking calculations.
Ask.com does not adhere to NoFollow."

hope you'll find that useful :)

re

DoFollow is simply an internet slang term given to web pages or sites that are not utilizing NoFollow. NoFollow is a hyperlink inclusion that tells search engines not to pass on any credibility or influence to an outbound link. Originally created to help the blogging community reduce the number of inserted links into a "comment" area of a blog page, the attribute is typically standard in blog comments. It helps overwhelmed webmasters disallow spammers from gaining any kind of advantage by inserting an unwanted link on a popular page.
nofollow is an HTML attribute value used to instruct some search engines that a hyperlink should not influence the link target's ranking in the search engine's index. It is intended to reduce the effectiveness of certain types of search engine spam,thereby improving the quality of search engine results and preventing spamdexing from occurring.

Nofollow is an attribute value of html,it is used to tell some search engines that a hyperlink should not affect ranking in the search engine .

Thanks durrenmatt for replying to my question. The information that you have given is thorough and very useful to me and it is very much sufficient to me it have given me enough knowledge about no follow and do follow links. I was not aware that the use it for spammers and put their links as No follow links. Also thanks for giving information about activity of major search engines and what they do when they come across such kind of links.

First Aid Training London

Last edited by a moderator:
Their is nothing like Dofollow and Nofollow website. Its all about Nofollow and Nofollow link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
search engines give more weight to do follow links for counting back links but you should not worry about do follow or no follow because no follow is also useful for seo purpose as well as do follow.

Hi,
search engines give more weight to do follow links for counting back links but you should not worry about do follow or no follow because no follow is also useful for seo purpose as well as do follow.
Nofollow is an attribute value of htm. But should focus on DO FOLLOW

OP - I wouldn't worry very much about Nofollow and Dofollow. Just post where relevant and include links when you can. If Google can see where your links are regardless, and see the user who posted it, and they are all Dofollow, don't you think they might already have a method in place to identify the poster as trying to influence page rank?
Google has managed to implement some pretty amazing methods to weed out spammers and pointless content. Identifying people who only post in Dofollow locations wouldn't be much of a stretch.

The key to winning the approval of Google (IMO) is to play by their rules and show a natural progression in your site popularity as much as you can. That involves posting in various places, both relevant and not.

Dofollow which means that Google Juice from other site will pass it onto your site. Nofollow which means it will still gives you links but not Google PR juice.

banners
Back