The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything What Affiliate Skills Did You Learn TODAY?

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
Just learned this quote:
If you are not willing to learn
no one can help you
If you are determined to learn
no one can stop you

Zig Ziglar

So what affiliate skills did you learn TODAY?
can be absolutely anything
this thread aims to help all affiliate marketers
you may link to useful affiliate related products
please no self promotion
or links with affiliate ID
--> click here to register your affiliate business

I learned yesterday that Google publishes (questionable) untruths that Googlebot will ignore when indexing a domain --at least initially.

"Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0
.1; Nexus 5X Build/MMB29P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.75 Mobile Safari/537.36 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1;

Who cares about Android 6.0 ? That version has been obsolete for years now --people with money don't use that to buy! Just traffic referrals maybe --the numbers look good --pfff

Last edited:
I learned yesterday that Google publishes (questionable) untruths that Googlebot will ignore when indexing a domain --at least initially.

"Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0
.1; Nexus 5X Build/MMB29P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.75 Mobile Safari/537.36 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1;

Who cares about Android 6.0 ? That version has been obsolete for years now --people with money don't use that to buy! Just traffic referrals maybe --the numbers look good --pfff
How much of your traffic
does this affect @Graybeard?

So what affiliate skills did you learn TODAY?

Today I learned about a new luxury affiliate program and in discussing the opportunity with the program manager I discovered a new branding technique they use that I will now use for my site brands.

Think of this. What if you can have a contest to re-name a brand?

I am trying to index a new domain example.com and mobile.example.com
One size fits all looks like shit -- so rather then spend a lot of wasted time on media queries
I followed g00gels fkd up advice on dual formats on subs and rel=canonical not to duplicate
So that advice is total bullshit ... Never listen to G00gle see what the bot does
Mobile has degraded and dumbed down web design to the lowest common denominator.

This affects no traffic because I sort ALL user agents and deny access to what and who I want to fk off. That is not the point

Any low quality traffic will not connect so the GA JS will never even load an event --black hole
So what's this mean: Google may record the organic click --that's all.

Today I learned
consistently publishing high quality content
including new homepage content
very EARLY every day
can help you increase organic traffic
on a dormant website
by 2,581%
within 4 months

seo-uplift.png

Googlebot is a very dumb spy LMAO

1 GET /videos HTTP/1.1 <<doesn't exist
1 GET /tweets HTTP/1.1<<doesn't exist
1 GET /privacy_policy HTTP/1.1 <exists
1 GET /offer HTTP/1.1<<doesn't exist

Notice the anti-affiliate bias on a new domain
But I knew this as googlebat (bat-shit crazy) made new and never linked page=<numbers> on another domain of mine years ago
Follow what googlebot does not what Google says ....

Last edited:
I learned that nobody reads the instructions

This is an issue everywhere, I have trouble getting my wife to read instructions of any kind.

use animated texts or pop ups or videos

Videos are what works best. I've included them even for the most sophisticated that frequent my sites. Just go with the flow on this. I now have video terms of service on my TOS pages. I am in the process of producing video instructions for most everything else. I hired a "talent" recently to do these. She is similar to the "Spectrum" woman.

Video is what everyone wants because they can dismiss them, they can re-run them, and they do not require an abundance of reading (time consuming).

I found out that consistency its the key in succeding online .The thing its that many peoole are consistent for a period but when thry see nothing workd as no traffic and no sales they get angry and they stop .The thhing its you must never stop no matter how hard it is

I now have 80% of the pages that are real on my new site indexed 2-3 weeks
8 out of 10
872 words (content) average per page
Now it's time to start the site without CPA or ads (without any monetization) with some carefully filtered traffic that GA will pick up.
**need to test for affinity what page get the most views --lining menus are done **
Tip: when I make a new page I open it in Chromium and make a GA visit and Googlebot in hours comes to index --pull the Googlebot's chain :D
Added a new tracking routine to make a 'static' user ID for either a IPv4 or IPv6 and a tracking of the exact screen resolution --look ma no cookies ;)

Last edited:
I found out that consistency its the key in succeding online .The thing its that many peoole are consistent for a period but when thry see nothing workd as no traffic and no sales they get angry and they stop .The thhing its you must never stop no matter how hard it is
You got that right buddy!
am seeing bucket load of traffic now
on my 2nd affiliate fashion site
was dead for like 6 months
10 or 20 visitors daily
now its been 500+ each day for 5 days straight
averaging only $2 or $3 daily commission
but I wont quit
-> quality
--> consistency
---> longevity
= SUCCESS

Today I learned
to keep all my affiliate project notes
stored in Google Analytics timeline
--> every idea or to do
no more other tools
except Calendar

i have learned that theory plays less role than practice in affiliate marketing. the more you practice - the better results you receive. actually, i thought otherwise before starting this activity, idk why..

I set up a bot reporting database for my traffic

1652019172944.png

the data is extracted directly from my webserver access.log for that domain and campaign
took hours to get the scripting right for the sql source file
now that is it done to do it again will take a few minutes
`bot count` is a trade secret ;)
traffic_sorts.jpg

It's not exactly like marketing, but still, I want to share and get your opinion on it. I started to get into moderating and I think is it possible to make money from it? I recently read an article and got very interested in the topic of internet community and forum moderation Are there any forum moderators here? What do you think about it? But personally, I liked the idea of this job and I would like to implement it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel vindicated --it may have been worth the time (@_@)
1652028085404.png

numbers are cumulative `day` is GMT server time
same cookie issues with G-A
1652028445130.png

G-A is PDT -8GMT

I learned that pop VPN/Proxy filtered Adult traffic costs:

4540 / 17615 <=Chrome/100+ /All
.2577 <=26%​
(4540*.065) / 17615 <=6.5% LP CR
.0160 <=1.6%​
(4540*.065) <=filtered w/LP
295.100 <= net referred​
$5/295.100<=cost per referral
$0.0169 CPC
1656714048558.png
Also: That MaxMind GeoCity-2Lite can find the locations better? The ad network said they we all A1 (unknown) I have all of the IPs that these VPN & Proxies are using
warning star trek GIF by Anthony Antonellis

I ran the 4540 IPs from a log list with a script I found and modified a bit --took less than 2 sec to search and list all of those IPs

I have used the same script in real time to get the country, region (state) and postal (zip) no real latency issues seen.

banners
Back