The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Website got hacked I need help!

seth3000

affiliate
So I guess iPage scanned my website and found malicious files and needs me to "remove" the files on my WordPress website. I have no idea where to even start. I don't know where to scan and find them or how to remove them, but iPage said that if I want to remove them, they want $200!!

I know a sham when I see one! Can anyone out there help me!

So I guess iPage scanned my website and found malicious files and needs me to "remove" the files on my WordPress website. I have no idea where to even start. I don't know where to scan and find them or how to remove them, but iPage said that if I want to remove them, they want $200!!

I know a sham when I see one! Can anyone out there help me!

I use BlueHost for my VPS's and this has happened to me once and to a couple of clients over the years. BlueHost will run a malicious file check for free and email the report. It's free and all I've had to do is change all of the passwords and make them longer and more difficult and then delete all of the malicious files. Then my host runs another file check and if it is clean they will open the server again. You should move to another vendor for hosting if they want to charge that ridiculous fee, IMO.

As noted above, Sucuri SiteCheck does a good job of confirming that these files exists, but they also charge a fee to remove them.

Most hacks on WP are the result of password hacking bots. Some of them are now going after the host WHM as well.

Okay. Thanks. I've scanned my website
PM me the url of your website.
Scan your website for viruses
Sucuri SiteCheck - Free Website Malware Scanner
VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

Were you using the latest wordpress version? Were you using any old plugin not updated for at least 6 months?

I have scanned my website and got ahold of the files manually and deleted them myself. I hope my website will be back up soon. Thanks for the link. It was a huge help!

banners
Back