monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Website got hacked I need help!

Discussion in 'Newbie Helpdesk' started by seth3000, Apr 6, 2015.

1. seth3000

seth3000 Affiliate affiliate

So I guess iPage scanned my website and found malicious files and needs me to "remove" the files on my WordPress website. I have no idea where to even start. I don't know where to scan and find them or how to remove them, but iPage said that if I want to remove them, they want $200!!

I know a sham when I see one! Can anyone out there help me!

2. monetizer
  3. isharif

isharif Affiliate affiliate

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

I use BlueHost for my VPS's and this has happened to me once and to a couple of clients over the years. BlueHost will run a malicious file check for free and email the report. It's free and all I've had to do is change all of the passwords and make them longer and more difficult and then delete all of the malicious files. Then my host runs another file check and if it is clean they will open the server again. You should move to another vendor for hosting if they want to charge that ridiculous fee, IMO.

As noted above, Sucuri SiteCheck does a good job of confirming that these files exists, but they also charge a fee to remove them.

5. tommi2500k

tommi2500k Affiliate affiliate

Don't use any nulled/crackes themes/plugins :D

6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

Most hacks on WP are the result of password hacking bots. Some of them are now going after the host WHM as well.

7. seth3000

seth3000 Affiliate affiliate

Okay. Thanks. I've scanned my website
    I have scanned my website and got ahold of the files manually and deleted them myself. I hope my website will be back up soon. Thanks for the link. It was a huge help!

Featured Resources (View All)

MI