The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Web 2.0 neglects web usability

temi

affiliate
Hype about Web 2.0 is making web firms neglect the basics of good design, web usability guru Jakob Nielsen has said. He warned that the rush to make webpages more dynamic often meant users were badly served.
He said sites peppered with personalisation tools were in danger of resembling the "glossy but useless" sites at the height of the dotcom boom.

full story

I've probably comletely mis understood Web 2, I've always considered it to be a set of standards which basically state it's ok to do what people have been doing for a little while anyway (I'm sure there's a LOT more to it), then being a buzz word creating the issue you've described.

I've not read the Web 2 standards - I thought I'd better clarify that.

Humous

Humous,
I am not sure web 2.0 has a unified standards as yet but lets see if they can emerge with a standard everyone will support

We can only wait and hope.

Three words "Internet Explorer" and "apostrophe".

Humous
<gibberish usefullness="maybe">
just to clarify "&apos;" works in most browsers except IE and displays the code, I had to change it to & # 39; (take out spaces) which seems to work everywhere, though I doubt &apos; is actually part of the standards, it was still annoying though as I use &nbsp; for spacing and like to keep the same format.
</gibberish>

-Edit-
&apos; is part of the XHTML standards, not HTML.

banners
Back