propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Voluum - Aff Network - Traffic Source

Discussion in 'Mobile Marketing' started by JailHouse, Oct 19, 2014.

1. JailHouse

JailHouse Affiliate affiliate

When it comes to setting up tracking which involves Voluum, the affiliate network and a traffic source, it can get a little complicated.

There is a place on the affiliate network where you can enter a postback url.

There is a place on voluum where you can enter a postback url in the traffic source setup and at the same time it provides you with a postback url in the settings.

On the traffic source (Ad Network), they can provide a conversion tracking code which can be placed in voluum.

Can someone explain how all 3 connect and what settings go where and how it all ties together so that it all works in harmony?

In my last campaign, I saw conversions within my aff network but my traffic source and voluum did not record these. So I know I am messing up somewhere and so I need to find out how the system works between the 3 entities.

Do you know of a free guide which is available to study how the 3 entities pass info to each other and how the whole thing should be set up for optimum data?

Appreciate the help,

JH

2. sleenirvana

sleenirvana Affiliate affiliate

Charles ngo site has a in depth voluum setup manual. Also i think one of the moderators here also has a manual. Im sure both would work well. It is confusing, i don't blame you. Took me like a month to get it to work.

3. JailHouse

Are you talking about the info he wrote on his site or is it a more in-depth manual available for download?

JH

4. captain47

captain47 Affiliate affiliate

Here is how you setup:

- You get the offer tracking url from your Affiliate Network. You add that to Voluum
    - You get a postback url from the traffic source, You add that to Voluum
    - Voluum gives you a tracking url when you create the campaign, you add that to your traffic source.
    - Voluum gives you a postback url from its settings, you add that to your affiliate network.

Here is how it works:

- User clicks the tracking url given by Voluum and Voluum records a click.
    - Voluum now tells your Affiliate Network about the click (by redirecting to the tracking url provided by the affiliate network).
    - If the user converts (downloads app etc), your Affiliate network fires the postback url of Voluum.
    - Voluum now records the conversion and in turn fires the postback url of your traffic source and a conversion is recorded on your traffic source.

Here is the guide by Charles NGO: The Definitive Guide to Voluum.com - CharlesNgo.com - Advancing Affiliate Marketers
    Here is the guide by @servandosilva : Voluum - The Ultimate Guide! | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Hope this clarifies your question :)

JailHouse and K like this.
  5. sleenirvana

sleenirvana Affiliate affiliate

6. JailHouse

Thanks Capt, this is much better and makes more sense than many others.

captain47 likes this.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed