The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Vista draining laptop batteries, patience

temi

affiliate
Some of Microsoft's most important customers aren't happy with the battery life offered by notebooks running Windows Vista.

"It's a little scary," said John Wozniak, a distinguished technologist in Hewlett-Packard's notebook engineering department, referring to the work HP needed to do on making Windows Vista more suitable for notebooks.

source full story

Yes, to see Vista, though I bought a computer in December 2006 which comes with free Vista upgrade, I think I will wait for another 6 months by when most of the bugs will have been squashed before I attemp upgrading

It's going to take a while before Vista is up and running correctly with all supported drivers.

I was speaking to a friend who works for Microsoft he said, Microsoft released Vista a few months earlier and should have tested first.

I guess all the pressure about when Vista was going to be released forced them to release Vista.

XP took a while before it was stable so I guess Vista will take some time before it is stable.

XP took a while before it was stable so I guess Vista will take some time before it is stable.

Actually it took them several months, Service Pack 2 is what I call stable and well operating version of XP... I think Vista will share this destiny so it is wise to wait. Unless of course you like the 'life on the edge'...

it is a big program with lots of new stuff and changes. as with everything they will have to work out the unforseen kinks. it is amazing that their are ever "unforseen" kinks, but as with everything new, you learn as millions of people start using it. they will fix it, they always do. they are massive and to much is riding on it for them!

I know it drains batteries, and I know it's kinda new.
But for a new OS it's really stable. I kinda like it. And that coming from a Linux user is enough said.

MI
Back