The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Vbulletin - renewing licence?

neilrbowen

affiliate
Hi All,

I have a couple of forums where i have not managed to get the licence under an account i can login to etc.

What am i supposed to do in this situation in order to make sure vbulletin know its my licence and to enable me to renew everything without mucking up the forums?

Sorry Neil, I don't actually understand what problem you're having...

You have a vB licence but can't login to the vB site?

That is the problem, yes.

Its a case of someone else bought the license, then sold the website to me but i have no details of the licence etc.

Oh - tricky - although vB does store the domain with the licence so you could try popping them an email and explain that. If you can prove to them that you're the owner of the forum/site (domain whois, perhaps?) or even make a post and send them a link to it.

I'm sure they have probably heard of things like this before - selling forums is pretty common.

I think if you emailed vBulletin and told them that you bought it like Adam said and you are now the owner that shows up for that domain under the Domain Register Information I am sure they should be able to release the license to you. Worth the try anyhow.

You will need to buy your own license from VB, it is then added to your profile, next time you perform vB related maintenance on the forum, you change the license to the new license vB has just allocated to you. Smooth running of the forum is not affected in any way.
Quite similar to the way vBSEO license was done.

Is there no way to contact the previouse owner?
Ive bought a couple of forums and ended in this situation and its been quite tricky to get vB to let me renew.
vBSEO have been a lot more helpfull in this situation.

banners
Back