The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Use broad match in adword campaigns?

kenpachi

affiliate
Hi, great forum you have here tons of great information! I was wondering if anyone has any experience running an Adwords campaign, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on mine.

I hardly get any impressions (10 -16 every two days). I started my account from a $20 dollar promotional credit ($10 went to the one time sign up fee, so I'm down to $9.80). I have my daily budget set at $9, and I use the minimum number for CPC (5 cents) for all my keywords (About 30). All the keywords are phrase and exact match keywords.

I hear other people using the same techniques and same CPC and they are getting tons of impressions, so I'm confused. Do you guys think I should add broad match keywords to list?

Thanks!

There are a lot of variables that it could be.

Age of adwords account (older, established accounts usually get a larger amount of inventory)

It could be your keywords. How many? How much competition?

5 cents is very low. Have you tried different bids?

Your daily budget is very small. Some people think anything under $100 won't give accurate indication of what adwords can do.

It could literally be about 200 things.

But let me just say that 5 cent bids on a $9 budget is not going to get you a lot of anything in most niches.

I think Rob hit everything possible. But your budget and your bids are probably the biggest factor right now. Raise your bids a bit and raise your budget and you should get more impressions and hopefully more clicks.

I agree...would definitely raise you PPC bids. I did what you're doing at first -- started out small and added as I saw how things work, so if you're learning (which it seems a person can always do in AdWords!), now you've gotten your feet wet and can slowly expand from there.

MI
Back