The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Traffic to my blog?

crazycass

affiliate
Hi there,
I am very new to the whole affiliate thing. So new that I can't even start out with a website,I'm starting with a blog that I'm turning into an Affiliate Program Directory.
Can anyone advise as to how to begin sending traffic to my blog? I have enough info on it to go ahead and get started but,am now lost as to how I go about getting traffic to it. Thanks in advance for any help....

xo Cass

It appears to me you may be missing a list. Find some content that is valuable to your audience and create a course, newsletter, free give away, something. Building your email list will ensure continued growth.

You can start with Pay Per Click (PPC) to drive traffic to your site and pages now. Although if your page(s) do not convert well this can be a huge waster of money.

Build back links to your site and pages. Find relevant blogs, forums, and discussion groups to partake in by providing relevant comments and posts.

There is also article marketing which can drive traffic to your site if you have a well written article with quality information.

There are many more. It is about finding the right mix.

Also use keyword tool by google and see what keywords are getting the searches. Look for keyword phrases that people are searching, but not super high on the competitive ranking.

I would suggest forums such as this, social bookmarking, social networking and blog commenting as the best ways to get traffic to your blog.

Well, what about blogs then I can suggest you to become an active blogger and commentator. Yes, it really works! How can you expect people will visit your blog and leave a good comments if you are not going to do the same towards them? That's why it is very important for traffic increasing to read other blogs and leave relevant (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) comments. It will ensure you a good permanent traffic, believe me or not.

I can suggest you to become an active blogger and commentator. Yes, it really works! How can you expect people will visit your blog and leave a good comments if you are not going to do the same towards them? That's why it is very important for traffic increasing to read other blogs and leave relevant (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) comments.

That's a good point. Even online, business relies on good personal relationships with cutomers and other businessmen.

If the content is relevant to yours, there's the aded bonus is that you may learn a few new things by example, if only how to market yourself better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey crazycass! You've asked an excellent question and started a great discussion. Some tips I would give you on how to increase traffic to your blog would be to make sure your posts are keyword rich, include questions and facts in your post, provide links to other sites and former blog posts, use relevant anchor texts and include a call to action! I would also recommend posting comments on others' blogs and updating your blog regularly. :)

Two words
Content, content, content!

That is absolutely true - well, except that it's three words. :)

Seriously, when I neglect my blog, as I tend to do when I'm really busy with client work, I can watch the number of daily visitors plummet. Start posting regularly, and the numbers turn around. This is without any other promotion, just new content three days per week. It's such a simple thing, but one that a lot of bloggers (myself included) miss.

If you are using WP, use one of the SEO add ons too, this can make quite a bit of difference in your organic listings. the old classic is Easy SEO, but I am experimenting with a newer one Craigs SEO Add On, this seems even better (although it's early days yet)

We are all busy with trying to improve our customer base with all that's necessary to continue a strong online presence. It's either my customers suffered or my blog suffered. I found that having it all done for me is best so I can do what I really enjoy!

- SEO your blog by adding some seo plugins like All in one seo or SEO ultimate.
- write good unique quality content
- You can give some gifts like a free ebooks to your visitors
- Linkbuilding!
- Social networking

Hi CC,

If you've got content, you should set up a Twitter account and drive people to your blog from there. Use the tools Twitter provides to find followers by keywords. You might also think about taking the same content you're posting to your blog and submit to article directories (it's a shame to use content only once).

write a few articles and submit them to articles directories. pay per click, make videos and post them on youtubes talking about your blog.

Getting yourself ranked on 1st page of major search engines i.e google, yahoo, MSN is best way to get tons of free vistors everyday. You sould, therefore, work on getting your website rank on top of SERPs. How do you do that? Well, you need to build quality incoming links to your website. You need to build as many incoimg links as you can. There are loads of way to build incoming link. What is my preferred way to build links is One way link exchnage and Article Marketing. There are probably so many other way for link building but these 2 ways alone are enough to get your website into the top.

And remember, as already mentioned in previous replies, Content is King and will always remain.

Hi

I will tell you how I drive traffic to my blog.

I have been trading on the internet for over 10 years and the one main thing to remember is the internet changes everyday.

Some traffic generation I was doing 12 months ago, I aren't using now.

You need a list,

Just sending people to your blog and hoping they will buy will not work in many cases.
You have to get your readers trust, then they will buy from you.

The latest list I have made has 80 emails to be sent out over one year.

Initally I give away advice for 6 days the I slowly introduce them to my sales proucts.
Then I go weekly with a newsletter to help them succeed on line.

This will gain you readers trust.

They will then buy off you.

Days are gone where we can get cheap paid traffic, so we use free methods.

What I decided 6 months ago was to build a bog

I use opt in / splash Pages to obtain there info.
This is by giving away products.

They are then in my sales funnel.

The easiest way to obtain traffic is, forums, newsletter, articles the list goes on.

I'm this week about to use a paid service to make my video opt in forms.
These are then submitted to relevant sites.

Google seems to be favouring video, so use it.

I hope I have helped you a bit.

Your List Is your Key.
Build One.

Stephen

MI
Back