The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Traffic and directories

jmk909er

affiliate
I'm still not getting hardly any traffic after posting 14 articles, so far only about 5-10 a day. I am submitting each article to stumble upon, reddit, delicious, facebook, twitter,and linkedin.

Should I be listing my site in directories?

What about 2 way links with directories?

I don't want to do anything spammy.

Greatfull for any suggestions.

It wouldn't hurt to submit to a few directories but I wouldn't spend a ton of time on it. Stick with the most reputable ones.

Have you tried linking to other sites or blogs that tie in with your subject matter to improve SEO? If they link back, then you'd gain some pretty qualified traffic, and hence, more conversions I'd imagine.

I bet there is a good-size community of people interested in lowering their glucose :)

A few directory submissions can help, but don't go overboard. Blog carnivals are a good free way to get links. You can submit your exisiting posts, and if they are accepted, you will get deep links to them.

What is a blog carnival?

Good question. It is like a collection of links to posts about a certain topic. So for instance someone may run a 'Carnival Of Wealth', which publishes every week. People send in their best relevant posts, and the best ones get posted in the carnival.

What actually gets posted is a brief introduction to the article, plus a link to it. I hope this isn't against the rules, but I write a post about this topic a few months ago that has far more detail than I can put here. Check it our here {link removed}

I serioulsy recommend that you give them a go. Free links with minimal effort! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back