The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Too Much Emphasis Over PR?

TeamPlayer

affiliate
This might sound like heresy to some, but, do webmasters sometimes place far too much emphasis on PR? :confused:

What are the actual benefits? Maybe it`s easier and more profitable to gain some advertising, but, in terms of Google placement on their search engine, I just can`t see it matters.

I know of sites which are low or even nil PR, yet, when it comes to certain keywords, they are on the 1st page of the Search Engines. Given the choice of high PR, or being noticed at the top of the search engines I know which I`d rather have, though ideally it has to be admitted that high PR and good positioning would be great.

Yes there is too hype around PR unfortunatly its something that ive got caught up in lol , for its an indicator on how well my sites doing although i can check that in other ways like traffic etc, it's nice to see a visual indicator, weird i know lol

Another thing as you have pointed out it can be very profitable for advertising as Myspace and ebaumsworld.com have found out.

I know PR has nothing todo with Serps and Traffic but my site all ways see's improvement in serps and Traffic around the PR updates, not sure if its linked but there must be something in it.

Thats my take on it anyway other webmasters will have there own reasons and beliefs about it

PR means nothing to me and I don't know what all the fuss is about to be honest. The PR of my sites pages does not seem to have moved for ages and yet I have two or three pages that are in position one when you search Google.

Two of these pages have a pagerank of only two, but if you search google for the terms my site is right at the top!

I'd rather my pages be at the top page of google than have an high page rank ;)

Right pr is only half of the story but i think with some directories they rely on pr to justify sometimes high prices.

I think there is to much emphasis for regular SEO guys. But for those Like ME who buy and sell links its vital to make good money.

MI
Back