The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Three newbie AdWords questions

jraines

affiliate
1) What are the main things you get penalized for and how are the penalties applied? I don't mean stuff like fraud -- I mean, for example, stuff like having a destination URL that just redirects to a product site (ie not having a real landing page). And do penalties spill over to your other campaigns?

2) I have seen some people writing about examining raw search queries for your campaigns, for example with the purpose of identifying negative keywords. Can someone tell me where to find that data in AdWords (or are people using some external tool)?

3) On Zac Johnson's guide to PPC that is sticky'd in this forum, he mentions that when testing an offer he only uses the Content Network, mainly because you don't have to have your own landing page and quality score is less of a factor. a) Is this true? b) Is this a strategy you would recommend?

Sorry I don't have specific answers for you right off the top of my head.

But here are couple of my fav PPC blogs that blog lots about Adwords and have some posts about QS and the content network.

Adwords | CDF Networks - Affiliate Marketing Blog

<a href="http://www.cdfnetworks.com/rocking-the-adwords-placement-network/">Rocking the Adwords Placement Network</a>

Don’t believe the hype - content converts | CDF Networks - Affiliate Marketing Blog

A note on Quality Score! | Cash Tactics

PPC | Cash Tactics

I know I've read some other posts that would answer some of your Qs.
I may be able to find some more when I'm not so tired.

banners
Back