The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

thinking about starting a gadget site

mike73

Hi everyone I am thinking about starting a gadget site, the site would be about new gadgets,pc gadgets,tv's,dvd players/recorders etc anything new and electronic and either getting or writing a review on each of them, would this involve multiple affiliate programs and sub domains? I am wondering what would be the best way to get started on this and how I would end up making money from this also would it cost me an arm and a leg in keywords any input would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reading this, makes me think blog site right away. But there are thousands of blogs that discuss the newest desktop widgets of the day.

So the question is, How can I compete with these big sites?

How can I be different than the other blogs out there?

I believe Linda mentioned something about Video Marketing making you 50x more likely to be found by a SE. Perhaps you could video demo different apps.

And I don't forsee hundreds of sub-domains as a requirement.

I tried doing a blog sort of like what you're talking about and i would narrow your niche down so you wont have to keep up with so many different electronic because you're going to be competing with big site like Engadge who have many writers...

Perhaps start with one gadget and be the trusted expert about it. I've seen sites that are just about the iPhone. Some I've seen are about just the xBox or the WII.

My gadget site (very niche focused, not broad) has been underwhelming so far. Trying to get some longer tailed keyword blog postings in, we will see how that goes. Got indexed easily enough, now I just need enough links to get in the first 10000 pages of google.

I used to have a gadget site, but it was way to competitive to stay high on SERPs, yes I could stay high but that would take loads of time and didnt want to spend it all on one site. But if you do want a gadget site go to something specific like iPhone orso.

MI
Back