The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Teaching an old computer user a new trick

temi

affiliate
I recently try to be less dependent on M$ so I switched from MS Office to open office but I am just finding it difficult to adapt to open office control after over a decade of using M$ Office :(

Heh, I'm the same - tried to switch from MS Office to OpenOffice but didn't like
the change. :) So decided to buy Ashampoo Office ... Well, nothing special but
works fine for me :)

never head of Ashampoo Office, who made that?

I suppose some third party company makes this for Ashampoo.
You can read more here:
www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/product_2_0138__.htm

Tip: If you like the application just register without buying and download
the trial version.
After few days most probably you will receive an offer from
Ashampoo with a discounted price. ;) (often the discount is about 30-50%!)

Thanks for that, I will check it out but I am sure I will not be buying it. I will have to teach this old dog to learn new tricks in the form of learning to use my Open Office.

Microsoft are the flag ship leaders for office software and for funtionality and ease of use i dont think it can be beaten BUT its like everything else once you get used to it ,it will be ok. Id bet if you started out with Open Office you'd swear by it and would find MS office hard to use

completely agree with you Adam, is a matter of getting use to where all the controls for open office are.. at the moment its just frustrating because for years I have been used to reaching for specific tools at specific menu location and all the "furnitures" are moved around in Open Office

I relate. A few years back I tried moving away from the MS Windows platform to Suse Linux and in the end just totally gave up.

On the Linux system, can't remember the name now now but the version of office suite products were not easy to get into and if anything quite frustrating at the time!

quite frustrating at the time!

this is precisely what I am going though at the moment, frustration. But I am taking comfort from the success of the staff of a primary school... a few year ago, they had MS Office that "fell of the back of a lorry" on their computer, they decided to straight but they cannot afford proper MS Office license, I installed open office for them.... they were annoyed and frustrated at the switch for about 2-3 week... after 3 months they are very pleased and have learn all the function... if I persist I will crack it.

yeah i know its not the same but when i went to Firefox a couple of years ago i didnt like it, since then i havent turned back and cant stand using IE especially the so called improved IE 7 .

Also with photoshop i tried changing to many other graphic design software including Coral draw and i just couldnt manage with anything else

banners
Back