The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Squidoo/Tumblr/Blogger

BlogDiva

affiliate
Is anyone using these blogging sites to promote their site? I would love some tips and success stories from those of you that do!
Thanks!

I'm currently using tumblr & blogger (though right now my blog on blogger is the 'site' I'm promoting until my actual site is ready) And I'm going to be setting up my first 'lens' with Squidoo today. I joined the other day but didn't get anything up.

I have gotten a couple clicks from Tumblr, but nothing too ordinary. Literally like 2 clicks.

I'm really not sure, from what I could tell you just build some lenses, not really post anything new to them. I haven't played around with it much though, so perhaps someone else can help you out further.

I use blogger. This blog site is really easy to use compare to other blogging sites. It also allows you to customize your blogs for a better look :)

I use blogger. This blog site is really easy to use compare to other blogging sites. It also allows you to customize your blogs for a better look :)

Can you tell me if you have had any traffic as a result of using blogger? How often do you post? Do you know how the links help your site? Sorry to be asking so many questions, but this method of link building takes a lot of time, and I just want to make sure that it is worth it :)

I've had most success w/ Squidoo (but hubpages is great too).

I would go w/ hubpages. I did some test last month and everytime - hubpages would outrank squidoo everytime.

i use all of these, actually.

tumblr is great for link sharing and building relationships with other people who share similar interests. if you follow one another, you will have a more substantial audience.

blogger is good because blogs show that you are an expert in your field. generating solid content consistently will grow your presence on the web.

squidoo is a nice, quick way to promote a business or product, but you need to be very active or have an amazing lens to get a lot of traffic. bigcat mentioned hubpages, which is excellent, and i also see more traffic there. however, you cannot be to promotional there. hubpages is more of an outlet for information, not promotion.

I've had most success w/ Squidoo (but hubpages is great too).

I would go w/ hubpages. I did some test last month and everytime - hubpages would outrank squidoo everytime.

I just learned that Hubpages links are no-follow unless you have a score of more than 75. Do you know if this is difficult to maintain? If so...tumblr is looking good!

I just learned that Hubpages links are no-follow unless you have a score of more than 75. Do you know if this is difficult to maintain? If so...tumblr is looking good!

The no-follow deal isn't real. Google does follow even when you have your attribute (within the anchor tag) marked as NF. I wouldn't worry about it. Hubpages has helped me rank - and the articles rank themselves very nicely. At least this is my experience.

Don't get caught up w/ NF and DF attributes. :)

The no-follow deal isn't real. Google does follow even when you have your attribute (within the anchor tag) marked as NF. I wouldn't worry about it. Hubpages has helped me rank - and the articles rank themselves very nicely. At least this is my experience.

Don't get caught up w/ NF and DF attributes. :)

Wow! I had not heard that, thanks for the tip :) I like hubpages otherwise, so I think I will give them a shot!

Nofollow links do not pass PageRank. That doesn't mean they can't be useful in other ways.

I'm on the Hubpages camp too. Never had much success with Squidoo. I also use Blogger and Webs.com from time to time. Maybe I should be checking out Tumblr.

i use all of these but there are much more that I would recommend. if you want the list let me know I will paste it here.

yes, I would love to see your list :)

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

another question...and maybe it is a little stupid...but if I have a blog with a site like Blogger, for example, does their PR transfer to my site??

I am using blogger and squidoo. its really helpful for getting dofollow back links and reffral traffic. But they need unique contents with good keywords density and then lot of off page.

i use lots of blogs platform to promote my sites, but they dont brings traffic maybe 1 or 2 visitors a week. i use them mainly for links

i definitely love hubpages and squidoo and echo most everything angelarah had to say about that subject. i will add in order for links on hubpages to turn into dofollow, you have to have a profile rank above 75 and the individual hub has to be over 50.

Even though Hubpages and the like got hit in the Panda update, I still find that they offer an opportunity for links and traffic. Some of my hubs that survived the update even have PR now (although it's typically a PR 1 or 2). Another decent one to try is infobarrel.com. It's kind of a hubpage clone, but does relatively well in the serps.

banners
Back