The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Social Media - Interacting With Your Audience.

__JoshWhite

affiliate
Hey guys,

I've just set up a site, themed it and added enough content for it to be a useful resource.

Whilst still building in more content, I am now looking to start driving traffic to it.

SEO will be a big part of my strategy, but first am first going to set up my social network, so that when I do get more people hitting the site, they can connect with me and so hopefully become regular users.

Although I know how to use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, I'm not too boss on how to get my audience interacting with me.

I'm going to try a few things and log them here. If anyone has any tips or is seeing any results from a certain technique, would you like to share them here?

Thanks

Make sure you check out KnowEm Username Search: Social Media, Domains and Trademarks and register all your accounts!

You need to start with a small base of people and although you can get these free it may be easier to pay! Check out Tweepi v2.0 :: a geekier, faster way to bulk add quality followers for cheap twitter followers!

Also you can pick up Facebook fans on Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun and more online services for $5

Once you have a base then start interacting!

Heres a few ideas!

Competitions always work - maybe give away a prize etc to the person who refers the most people to your group!

Polls - Ask them questions and get them interacting!

Games - for example "The rhyming game" or make them niche related!

Images - put up fun images around you niche and get them to interact, for example - iPhone 4 Vs iPhone 5 picture - click "Like" for 5, "share" for 4.

I would also suggest installing a small email opt in form to your site to capture leads - offer them a free guide on "how to set up your apps" or something then you can market to them in the future - look up www.Aweber.com

hit me on Skype if you need more indepth help!

K has given enough for you to get started with and I +1 his advice.

Depending on the niche there are loads of little things you can do but the main thing is you make sure you provide them with a reason to interact, be it asking them a question or starting a discussion. Something simple...

i.e. What do you guys think of Lewis Hamiltons move to Mercedes F1?

Try to think of big stories in your topic area that will spark discussion.

If using Twitter it may be worth attempting to get people to use a dedicated hashtag so that you can follow the conversation and keep people interacting. For example, football fans often use hash tags to communicate with eachother. #LCFC #SaintsFC etc etc

Hey Guys,

Cheers for your input.

I'm going to split this out into sections...

Targets:

- Building followers is definitely the first hurdle and while I'm building up my SEO campaign, referrals from social sites are where I am getting all my hits, so quick ways of doing this are going to be super useful.

- Once I've got them in, then the tips above will be ace for keeping them returning to the site.

- Including a newsletter sign up is definitely on my radar too.

Questions:

- I'll check out Fiverr - never heard of that before, so that looks like a good option to get moving.
I'm guessing I need to search for Facebook and follow one of the add 200 likes for $5 offers?

- K, why do you suggest aWebber over MailChimp??

- My site is here: howtouseaniphone.info anyone got any thing they think I'm doing wrong?

Results:

- Dru, I've seen some return on following hash tags, but my biggest success this month has been reviewing someone else's work, then telling them about it. They retweeted and because they had a huge following I got a lot of visits. I'm going to repeat this process as it really helps spread the word for a young site.

- I've also done some analytics and found that the majority of social referrals visit me via mobile devices. This means I need to change my ad placement as people will miss them on the mobile version of my site.

Cheers :)

- I'll check out Fiverr - never heard of that before, so that looks like a good option to get moving.
I'm guessing I need to search for Facebook and follow one of the add 200 likes for $5 offers?

Exactly! Just be careful to read previous reviews!

- K, why do you suggest aWebber over MailChimp?

Either is fine - i've only used Aweber and it's amazing! I'll show you 2moz!

MI
Back