The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Social Bookmarking For Traffic

Niche48

affiliate
Quick tip mainly for newbies

Social bookmarking is an option in generating traffic to your websites

It should not be your main option because in my experience the traffic conversion is not frightfully exciting

But hey some traffic is better than none, I suppose.

And there is always the backlink benefit for those bookmarking sites that have do follow links to your site

Anyway a good social bookmarking tool is onlywire.com

I think socializer does pretty much does the same thing

These tools help to submit to multiple bookmarking sites at the click of one button so a good time saver really

But again I cannot over-emphasize that the conversions from traffic from bookmarking sites does not convert anywhere as well as traffic from the search engines

So this really should just be a tool you use in conjunction with your SEO efforts
Hope someone finds this useful

Social Bookmarking is one of the easiest ways to get extra traffic and links coming into your blog. Social bookmarking allows Internet users to save and organize bookmarks to a public website, tag them with keywords, share them with others, and browse what
others have bookmarked.

Digg, Delicious, Mixx, and Digg are just a few of the social bookmarking sites you can use to maximize your exposure.

Hi,

Thanks for brief information on social bookmarking. I always use digg and stumbleupon to get traffic to my site and blog.

:)

Quick tip mainly for newbies

Social bookmarking is an option in generating traffic to your websites

It should not be your main option because in my experience the traffic conversion is not frightfully exciting

But hey some traffic is better than none, I suppose.

And there is always the backlink benefit for those bookmarking sites that have do follow links to your site

Anyway a good social bookmarking tool is onlywire.com

I think socializer does pretty much does the same thing

These tools help to submit to multiple bookmarking sites at the click of one button so a good time saver really

But again I cannot over-emphasize that the conversions from traffic from bookmarking sites does not convert anywhere as well as traffic from the search engines

So this really should just be a tool you use in conjunction with your SEO efforts
Hope someone finds this useful

Good points but I would argue one, depending on your niche social bookmarking traffic can convert quite well. On my blog I typically see 1/9 social bookmarking visitors sign up for my newsletter or RSS feed, while about 1/7 do from search engines. As far as I'm concerned that is pretty good, it all depends on content and the niche you are in.

I find that social bookmarking is good only for certain brands... or if you have a really strong "network" I guess that is the key.

Hi

Hope I'm not going to sound too dense here:eek: but can anyone give me a better idea of what Digg and Stumbleupon are about and how to use? I've heard of them and had a quick look at the sites but can't really get my head around it. Thanks.

Hi

Hope I'm not going to sound too dense here:eek: but can anyone give me a better idea of what Digg and Stumbleupon are about and how to use? I've heard of them and had a quick look at the sites but can't really get my head around it. Thanks.

Either one only works if you have really good and/or unique content.

On digg you could submit if you had a breaking story or an exceptional article.

IF diggers liked it (and they only like certain types of stories) or IF you had lots of friends on digg, people will basically vote your story and if you get lots of votes you move up and COULD get lots of traffic. But it’s a VERY short burst of traffic usually just for one day and the traffic does not typically convert well.

SU is where people visit and vote for whether they like or don't like a site or page. If someone with a lot of friends stumbles you and gives you a thumbs up then lots of others could follow and visit your site.

In both cases these people are not looking to buy anything they are looking for cool, unique or outrageous things to look at or read about. So it can get some short term low quality traffic that does not normally stick or buy.

In a nUtshEll. It can be one small part of your overall marketing mix. But if you are a newbie and don't do it right you can get banned. Aside from that to get any traffic at all among the noise and all the pro marketers, takes some real skill. So I don't consider it a good newbie strategy.

just to add to the above debate, social bookmarking is good for building backlinks, and backlinks are good for getting good rankings in google ...

but as a newbie you must do it carefully ... do it wrong and you're likely to feel a google slap ...

link building should always appear natural

thanks for this. Really appreciate it. That was exactly what I wanted to hear about Stumbleupon and Digg. You explained it really well. I think I will steer clear for now.

The easy part seems to be having a good product. The hard part seems to be getting people to actually look at it and buy it! That's what I need to learn now.

Thanks

:)

MI
Back