Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Should You Use Spun Content?

D

djbaxter

Should You Use Spun Content?
by Court, The Keyword Academy
January 7th, 2010

You NEVER want to use spun content. Don?t do it. You will get better, safer links if you use unique content to submit to other sites. Your risk is also significantly less if you use original, unique content.

People who believe that spun content is great will probably argue that it?s a huge time-save. This is only true if you?re looking at an extremely short time period. I don?t think you?re going to see residual value in those types of links. Google definitely has the technology to detect spun content and if they don?t, I know some programmers who could write something for them in about 10 minutes.

Read more...

article spinning is as common nowadays as cheeseburger... and there are literally thousands out there who are able to write (read spin) pretty good articles from existing ones. article spinning does have its advantages IF AND ONLY IF people know how to spin properly. the major problem is that most so-called writers today just spin articles without really thinking if it actually makes sense! they believe that just because they wrote a 300-word article containing the essential keywords of their client, they can already earn big bucks online!

earning money online need not be a difficult task. if you consider yourself a good writer, then you don't have to resort to plagiarism just to get easy cash. spin articles if you want... just don't make it look like this:

*original sentence*=The dog looked outside the window
*spun sentence*=The canine peered outside the windowpane.

Make it something like: The windows were low enough so the dog peered outside.

Spinning articles can be an alternative... but please make it different enough.

excellent question... and i have to say that if you do it good enough, you can actually create good articles. while i do not really support spinning articles, it can help people who are just starting to write. my usual tip is to start with several articles (i usually go for 3 articles) and combine them into one. in the end, it will turn out okay.

i don't know if that is still considered spinning but it does work...

come to think of it, if i combine three interesting articles (references) and make one article from it, is it still spinning? i'm confusing myself :D

please understand that i am NOT a supporter of article spinning... i'm just saying that it can help some... unfortunately, there are those who abuse it...

BUT nothing beats an original, well-written, conversational, easy-to-read article.

cheers!

If you don't change the sentences of the paragraphs, it can be still flagged up as duplicate content, and some article directories won't accept it. I remember one of my articles happened to contain half a sentence that matched another article on a 2007 blog post, and Ezine Articles suspended me until I gave them explanation and sent the article source file for review.
You do have to be careful as the better the directory is the more serious they take it. I only spin m own articles to send different versions to different directories PR and blog. But have to tell you: I gave up on spinners, I do it manually.

I totally agree. Stay away from spinning. You should be well versed in your subject to write unique content. Not quite sure what the penalty really is from G (if there is one).

The article spinners crack me up. I downloaded a "good" spinner one time, and all it did was change a couple words in each sentence. Uh...G will catch onto stuff like that.

Yeah dont do it. How much time are you really saving. The best thing an article can do is go viral. Be shared widely accross the web. You just wont get that from spun content. If robots could write we would all be in trouble. :)

Many people use Spun Content to save their time. But some top article directories like Ezine won't accept these articles as there are aware of these stuff. So if you need better results from the content, creating Unique is the only solution.

It depends on how good the spun version is. If a spun article produce 50 unique copies then submit it individually to a 50 article directories.

It depends what you are using spun content for… Submitting spun articles to directories is just one of their many uses. If doing the above, the content will need to be re-written, especially the first paragraph.

Actually you'll find that spinning articles really doesn't matter and it's just a scam by many internet marketers to sell products. If you submit the exact same article under the same author name to many directories you will have significantly better results than posting it with many author names, author resource boxes with spun synonyms. This is different than completely rewriting an entire article sentence by sentence/paragraph and then do synonyms. This is still usually not worth the time or expense to have outsourced.

FYI, unique content on your website doesn't make a difference either. Sadly you can take PLR articles and put them on your website and get them to rank. You can also submit them to the different directories if they aren't already present, which is a nice way to get backlinks. Even those these backlinks really don't matter for traffic because no one is going to actually see your article.

Cool idea if you are looking for backlinks, but there are 2 reasons for article marketing, and the other one is to have click thru and targeted traffic. That is the hardest part, because you have to play the rules and still make it discoverable and make people click on the links.

I'm not a huge fan of spun content but it can still be useful if you use one of the backlink services that posts your content to their blog network. All you do is write a 200+ word article, put in some {variations|alternative words} like this throughout the article and then submit this content into the system. Then you will have say 20 variations of this content on 20 different blogs giving you 20 decent backlinks.

If you just want to spam the net with crap and think short term, then go for it.

Long term sites need original content though. I don't spin anything as I'm more interested in long term success.

Article spinning is a no-no! It is more essential if you write an original and unique content. And besides, search engines are more favorable to rank sites that have a quality content.

MrPolarZero, you just made a point. Google can now tell the difference between quality content and crap. And it shows in the ranking, too. (I don't know how they do it though, but clever thing)

I write content and do SEO work full-time for my company, so I can say that 1) I am against spun content, but 2) there are times when spun content, when done correctly, can be a good way to save time.

I'll start by saying for my profession, I don't use spun work and I never will - that's why I'm there. But in my "side jobs" and sites that I work with on my own time, I've seen the advantages of spun content. I don't like the idea of it, but it's true - spinning content can save you time and that is a huge plus (nobody likes writing 50 affiliate marketing articles in a few days).

That said, I think that the content should never be spun by a software, it should always be done by hand, the title tags (h1,h2,etc.) should be changed, the "angle" of the content should differ and you should use a different content structure. So with all those changes, you might as well write a new article, right? It depends on the material, I suppose.

If you are going heavily towards 'article marketing' then it isn't always feasible to write a unique, well-thought out article for each article directory, each web 2.0 property, etc. If you have a tiered linking system where your articles link to your Squidoo page, for example, instead of your homepage, then spun content might be the way to go because you aren't in danger of getting your main site penalized for duplicate content.

That's how I look at it, and as a writer, I despise coming to a website and seeing obviously spun content. That's not going to get you anywhere. But at the same time, unfortunately, many of those spun articles' main purpose is not to be read but to provide backlinks. Either way, it sure is nice to see good old-fashioned unique content these days. Especially if it's useful.

Thx for the links on dup. content and LSI, too! Very good to know whether or not you plan on spinning content.

banners
Back