The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Should you use Meta Description tags?

Well, if you are publishing something that you write on your site there is not really anything wrong with creating a meta tag based on the nature of the content that will be published. It should not take that long to write that meta tag. On the other hand, if someone has a blog or a site which has lots of contents it might a problem when it comes down to the amount of time that should be spent to create those meta tags.

At the end having a unique meta for every page is ideal.

According to Google, description tag is not important in SEO point of view. But certainly increases the click thrus from SERPs. That is a very important reason to optimize the description tag.

As for me, I always write meta description for my content. I agree it won't play much role in website ranking and seo at all, but it can increase visibility and availability in SERPs.

While it might not have an affect on SEO, I would recommend using meta descriptions. Meta descriptions make the post or page stand out from the rest of the results on search engines such as Google and Bing.

Additionally, custom crafted meta descriptions are friendlier to read and will increase the clicks to your site. Yes, it is time consuming, but I think each page and post should have a unique meta description.

Using Meta tags is a pretty good idea in my opinion. It doesn't take up much of your time to type up a couple of sentences describing the pages of your site.

Besides, Google is not the only search engine and they all index and rank pages differently. It seems that it would be a good practice to try to give them all what they want for the maximum amount of visibility and since Meta tags have been around since people started making websites, it most likely will not hurt your chances of outranking at least a couple of other sites in your niche.

I rarely fill in the meta tag description, it rally depends on the post you're doing.

If you don't have a meta description then the search engines will pull one out depending on what keywords the searcher is looking for.

If you don't have a meta description then the search engines will pull one out depending on what keywords the searcher is looking for.

And even if you DO have a meta description tag, search engines may create their own if they feel that other page content is a better match for the search.

And even if you DO have a meta description tag, search engines may create their own if they feel that other page content is a better match for the search.

Hmm, well then based on that perhaps it is best to slip in a inciting meta description more often, being a win win situation.

Hmm, well then based on that perhaps it is best to slip in a inciting meta description more often, being a win win situation.

Only if the meta description matches both (1) the page content and (2) the most likely search parameters.

banners
Back