The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Should I make the switch Windows to Mac OS?

Dario

I am a Windows user whole my life but I feel it`s the time to switch to some other more stable OS.

Question to all of you who have switched to Mac - is Mac OS(sierra) complicated to use compared to Windows 10?

So planning to get a Macbook Pro 13"(because of portability) and connect it with 2 monitors.

What do you use for business in 2017?

Windows based laptop/desktop PC or Macbook/iMac?

If you have used both, please let me know your thoughts.

I've been using Linux since 1998, & I consider Windows 10 to be insanely complex to perform just simple tasks. "easy" is relative.

Same with trying to use a Mac. A few of my last gigs have provided a Mac due to tools that are purchased for employees & contractors, & I find myself lost trying to do some tasks.

I've been using Linux since 1998, & I consider Windows 10 to be insanely complex to perform just simple tasks. "easy" is relative.

Same with trying to use a Mac. A few of my last gigs have provided a Mac due to tools that are purchased for employees & contractors, & I find myself lost trying to do some tasks.

For some reason in tech industries looks like people prefer Mac OS over anything else.

Not sure why is that exactly :rolleyes:

I have used both Windows and Mac. I prefer Mac for some things and I prefer Windows for other things. If you are into gaming you need to keep a Windows computer around as many games are not compatible with Mac. As far as the question of if Mac is more or less complicated than Windows, that depends on how familiar you are with Windows and what types of things you use on a regular basis, most of the commands that people frequently use are available on a Mac, just slightly different keys. I'd say it's not much of a learning curve to go from Windows to Mac. Some more complicated things might take a little more effort to figure out, but everyday normal things like browsing the web is basically the same. I'd certainly recommend a Mac Book Pro. I have an old Mac Book Pro from 2011 and it's still keeping up with and in some ways better than some brand new Windows laptops.

Remember the good old days of running a full blown Linux router diskless or with a 1.44MB floppy?

Remember the good old days of running a full blown Linux router diskless or with a 1.44MB floppy?
Like Puppy Linux ;)

I used to own a repair shop, & we had a Linux system for performing stage 1 of virus cleanings. It booted off a 4GB usb drive chuck full of security software & a kernel with read/write NTFS support.

My first laptop that I used Linux on for my introduction had Slackware 3 something installed. I think to boot a bare-bones kernel with network support (to fetch the remainder of the install over FTP) used like 14 floppies. I don't miss rawrite either.

Well it depends on activity ,as for me using pc only for marketing purpose windows its enough for me ,i dont need more complicated things .But in your case if you use tehnical stuff etc do it

MI
Back