The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Should I create a website first or social accounts ?

Akshaysapra

This has stuck me since a long time. After deciding my niche should I first go and build social accounts for it and then move to purchasing and setting a website ? or should I do it vice versa?

In my opinion you should start with building your website and wait to get it indexed by google and other search engines, and than build accounts over social media to interconnect both. In case if you are looking for monetizing your website through networks like Google adsense than do it side by side as the traffic from social media will gonna help you in application of ad networks on your website ins less time.

Of course, you have to build your website first. Social signals are important for SEO but if there where no site then how could search bot calculate your social signals.

Okay! I agree with you all and thank you so much for replying. But one thing, for example- I created a website first , then I made any random blog post related to my niche. Then I shared it on all my social accounts. So that will be of no use because my social accounts would have no followers and people yet. On the other hand if I created my social accounts first then add friends and after few days I start a website and share my first post. So since it already has followers it would be shared more throughout the web and I would score more backlinks! Isn't it?

Okay! I agree with you all and thank you so much for replying. But one thing, for example- I created a website first , then I made any random blog post related to my niche. Then I shared it on all my social accounts. So that will be of no use because my social accounts would have no followers and people yet. On the other hand if I created my social accounts first then add friends and after few days I start a website and share my first post. So since it already has followers it would be shared more throughout the web and I would score more backlinks! Isn't it?

A website will make you look more legit in the eyes of the newcomers on the social platform that you use. It will also make you more legit in the eyes of search engine.

Once the site is up, use twitter, instagram and pinterest. You can use fast blogging techniques to catch the attention of your audience quickly. Invite them to Facebook to discuss or be part of a group that get useful up to date information and so on. Find an angle to draw the audience.

It is like with PPC, you just need to find the right words and the right hook to make them click. If you convert your visitors to fan or members or subscribers you win and you develop an asset that can be profitable.

The website is both your business card and your official online business place. Every real business will put their website first to promote their product and services BEFORE they go on social media.

You are an affiliate marketer. This is a business. Build the website first in a professional way, deliver value and promote while you are building your brand. Customers and money will follow once you get it done the right way and you will be your own boss.

edited: because I wrote band instead of brand.

Last edited:
A website will make you look more legit in the eyes of the newcomers on the social platform that you use. It will also make you more legit in the eyes of search engine.

Once the site is up, use twitter, instagram and pinterest. You can use fast blogging techniques to catch the attention of your audience quickly. Invite them to Facebook to discuss or be part of a group that get useful up to date information and so on. Find an angle to draw the audience.

It is like with PPC, you just need to find the right words and the right hook to make them click. If you convert your visitors to fan or members or subscribers you win and you develop an asset that can be profitable.

The website is both your business card and your official online business place. Every real business will put their website first to promote their product and services BEFORE they go on social media.

You are an affiliate marketer. This is a business. Build the website first in a professional way, deliver value and promote while you are building your band. Customers and money will follow once you get it done the right way and you will be your own boss.

Thank you seeqer so much for delivering such great information :)
I highly appreciate your efforts and content. Thanks again! :D

I forgot to say this ...

Put google analytic to see the rebound rate and how long people stay. With twitter, pinterest and instagram, you put yourself in front of potential customer and you try to bring them to a specific page. You do that for every page. You do a promotion campaing for each page.

The reason is to see what works and what does not work. You need to see which content stick and which content gets a reaction. If people stay and go on different pages to read more, you have then a winning formula.

You can go on Facebook before you find the winning formula but once you have found that formula, you are ready to promote the hell out of your website. When people will visit your site, you will get customers that will visit your website. If you have nice advertising that pays you per impression, you make money. If you have good offers on each pages that interest them, you make money. I

f your website is interesting enough to return to check your cool stuff, you can make money. If people become part of your email list, you can have returning customers. Returning customers means a good chance at making a lot of money fast for a fraction of a cost compared to PPC or PPV.

It takes time but in the end, all business that are successful takes time.

I would build or purchase a website first, then take care of other things. But before you build / purchase a website make sure you do proper research of your niche, if your serious about it.

I would create the website first, then make sure to link to your website in each of the Social Media Accounts you create after.

I think the best approach is to have a well established social media and then go ahead and come up with a website. It is through social media that you will be able to find fans and potential customers who when the site is complete will be easy to convert them into real customers. Make sure that the social media platform is very active especially facebbok twitter and instagram. Once the above are in good condition, your website will get lots of traffic as soon as you unveil it. This is because you could have already built trust in the potential clients.

This has stuck me since a long time. After deciding my niche should I first go and build social accounts for it and then move to purchasing and setting a website ? or should I do it vice versa?

As i have been in this field since and know all the benefits and drawbacks of marketing.... i suggest you that you should make a website first.... let's suppose if you make a social account first and then people start following you or lets say you make them follow you... it will be of no use as you don't have the platform for them to give you something.. you will just waste the time. make your approach professional..... First build a website that attracts people update it on daily basis then make your social media accounts as then they will be fruitful for you... then you can work on your social media accounts and fan pages.. then make people to visit your website... it's a professional approach towards the marketing... because most people don't have much time in just following you they want something fruitful in return....

As i have been in this field since and know all the benefits and drawbacks of marketing.... i suggest you that you should make a website first.... let's suppose if you make a social account first and then people start following you or lets say you make them follow you... it will be of no use as you don't have the platform for them to give you something.. you will just waste the time. make your approach professional..... First build a website that attracts people update it on daily basis then make your social media accounts as then they will be fruitful for you... then you can work on your social media accounts and fan pages.. then make people to visit your website... it's a professional approach towards the marketing... because most people don't have much time in just following you they want something fruitful in return....
You answered it the most perfectly :D :)
Thanks for such a good information.

MI
Back