The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Sharing Brilliant Blogging Advice from Neil Patel

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
I'm one of Neil Patel's subscribers. This advice came to me in one of his emails and I thought it was a brilliant time saver, so wanted to share with you other bloggers.

"STOP. Stop wasting time trying to generate ideas on your own.

Instead, create an Excel spreadsheet that lists all your competing blogs. Then list out the blog posts they've published in the last few weeks along with how many tweets/facebook likes those posts got. If they don't have Twitter or Facebook buttons you can find out how well that post did by typing its URL into twitter.

This shows you exactly what your target traffic WANTS.

And then that's what you give them: once you see which posts did the best, you can write content related to those topics and they'll typically preform well.

Not only will you avoid wasting time on content your market doesn't care about... but it also increases your chances of writing a big hit."

I wasn't exactly sure whether to put this in SEO or copywriting thread, it sorta deals with both aspects.

This method would take some time initially but once set up, I think it could be really helpful, both from a time and successful posting point of view.

Pretty simple but boy is it effective, Neil Patel is always coming out with little golden nuggets. At the end of the day it gives you such a broad spectrum of the vertical you're in and also allows you to combine some of the top performing posts to create super posts!

That sounds like the voice of experience, Andy.

I still haven't set mine up but I'm looking forward to experimenting with this technique.

Love Neil Patel's blog, Quick Sprout. Also, Kissmetrrics. He has awesome advice and tips.

Last edited:
banners
Back