The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO in UK

10acne

Hi, my site is ranking well in US but ranking bad in UK, how to SEO just for UK? Submit to UK directories? But most UK directories only accept UK site. Hope to obtain your valued advice.

Thks!

To rank well in the UK ideally you need UK domain name, a UK IP address and links from sites from the former. If you only have the later the UK filter will remove your site in Google.

I hope that helps

Tony

UK IP address is one of the most important factors ... the country of hosting is (perhaps incorrectly) weighted pretty highly in the Google algo

If you want to only promote in UK then first set your geographic target to UK in google webmaster. then optimize as usual. Do some article and blog focusing on word Uk along with your main keywords. optimize content in the same manner but, if you wish not to use the word UK in your title or description, its ok.

To rank well in the UK ideally you need UK domain name, a UK IP address and links from sites from the former. If you only have the later the UK filter will remove your site in Google.

I hope that helps

Tony

So does that mean if i have a .com domain, but it is hosted in the UK, then google will not list it in its results if people search for my goods or services in the uk??
--------------------
Dave

So does that mean if i have a .com domain, but it is hosted in the UK, then google will not list it in its results if people search for my goods or services in the uk??
--------------------
Dave

Hi Dave

No - Google UK will return results from .com domains. Go to google.co.uk and search for "site:[yourdomain].com" and you'll see which pages in your site are indexed by Google UK.

Submit to UK Classifieds

Submit to uk cLASSIFIED SITES,

UK Article sites,

Regarding directories submit to directories with .co.uk extension that will help you.

I'm also trying to raise my ranking in UK. It is best if you gather links from UK sites, other than directory and article submissions, you can also do link exchange, social bookmarking/networking and blog commenting (all on UK sites).

It's not as easy as it looks though. Good luck!

banners
Back