The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO for IndexScript

B

Bagi Zoltán

Hi All,
yesterday night I compiled a guide with the title SEO for IndexScript. The post is mainly about the onpage optimization, and hope some of you will find it useful.:rolleyes:

I'm sure index scrip user will find it useful. BTW, did you create the search function in your index script? most of the index script site I see do not seem to have search function

I was not talking about your site, you site has it, I was talking about other index it sites I have visited

Oops, sorry I misunderstood you. As default the script contains the serching possibility in the header menu bar, but it has a visibility: hidden; attributum placed in the external css file. The input form will apear only when you click onto the Search option. You can check it in the practice if you visit this almost empty freshly installed Sziget Festival Related Directory.

Bagi

Is there away to bring the search box forward on to the homepage. I would like a search box on the homepage rather then a search link in the header?

Thanks

Of course there is a solution;) This is the part of my heading.php file where the searching option is coded:

PHP:
<div id="searchdiv" class="searchclass" align="left"><form method="post"  class="searchclass" action= [url=http://www.directoryofseolinks.com/search.php]SEO Directory | SEO Links[/url] ><input type="text" name="string"  value="keyphrase" size="20" class="in" onfocus="this.value='';"/><input type="submit" value="search" name="submit" class="submit"/></form></div>

and the additional css codes:

.in{font-family: "Lucida Sans Unicode", "Trebuchet MS", "Helvetica", "Arial", sans-serif;
float:left;
font-size:8pt;
background-color:#414141;
color: #7D7D7D;
border:0px;}

.in:focus{
float:left;
background-color:#5E838F;
color:#D5EFFC;}

.searchclass{
background-color:#090909;
width:70px;}

#searchdiv{
background-color:#090909;
width:300px;
float:right;}

Note: you will have to custoize them in order to fit your design;)

Theres is one more solution, I played a little with the original code. Just substitute this code:

PHP:
<script type="text/javascript" src= <?php echo($dir_root_path . "include/search.js"); ?> ></script>
      <a href= <?php echo($dir_root_path . "search.php"); ?> onClick="popupsearch(this, 'searchdiv'); return false">Search</a>&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;
      <div id="searchdiv" class="searchclass" align="right">
        <form method="post" action= <?php echo($dir_root_path . "search.php"); ?> >
          <input type="text" name="string" size="25">&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit"><br>
          <a href= <?php echo($dir_root_path . "search.php"); ?> onClick="killsearch('searchdiv'); return false"><font size=1>Close Form</font></a>&nbsp;
        </form>
      </div>

with this one:
PHP:
      <div id="searchdiv" class="searchclass" align="right">
        <form method="post" action= <?php echo($dir_root_path . "search.php"); ?> >
          <input type="text" name="string" size="25">&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit"><br>       
        </form>
      </div>
In order to make the searching input visible for final step you will have to remove the visibility:hidden attributum in the css referring to .searchclass.

Today, I have had the chance to implement the search box at The Web Directory today.

I'm not that sure about the background of the search area. Should I leave it green or change it to light blue?

MI
Back