The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO for a flash site?

You do not need to do anything special, my understanding is that Google now crawls flash sites.
It may still be better to have HTML version though.

Google crawling of Flash Sites is not to be relied on. It is (IMO) incomplete and spasmodic. I recommend those that want Flash visuals to build an HTML site and embed the Flash within in it much like Images. Then text content can be included lower down below the fold so to speak. This is quite legitimate especially if the included text truly represents the contents of the Flash movies.

It's depent on clients.
the client want a full flash site, then how can i optimizate it?

NB: the client dont like to put the externals links in his website, so how can i do the seo in the same case?

You do not need to do anything special, my understanding is that Google now crawls flash sites.
It may still be better to have HTML version though.

thank you for the response.
do you think that only the add in the directory and write some articles can improve the ranking of this website?

Last edited by a moderator:
Add blog link in your site.

Usually flash sites do not have content, my advice to you is to add blog link in your site and add content regularly this will help in google crawling and make your site content rich.

Flash sites seo some default but not impossible. just use Gud Title , Keywords, Key phases and storng your offpage seo, bcoz you can't do enough work on onpage seo.

hi,

This is true that flash websites can be optimize but dont think to have the results soon. If you have two website exactly same. One is flash and the other is HTML version and now optimize both of the things in the same way. You will surely get the results first for HTML versions site.

Google loves content this is for sure. the content and the frequency of content updations. You can't do anyhting on flash website. The content cannot be indexed by any crawler. but the HTML version have the content in normal text so the content is all copied by any crawler. And not only the content helps, but the good content website needs a good support from offpage too.

I am sure. You have good content. You have a good dynamic content (that you changes on regular basis). You have a good backlink support. I make sure you have a good ranking of the website. I flash you can only add normal tags like title and other metas but have to close your hands for content.

So flash website can be optimized but it dont wait to have the quick results.

VS

Hi you can do more flash web site that can be useful.. you people or given good information.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
In my eyes, it would be good to have an HTML Version as well and to make sure that with the flash version.

That all the right tags are in the correct place.

Maybe my free guide on my blog about writing for SEO may help - Feel free to comment.

All the best,
~Mike

Don't place your flash where it will be ignored - namely those spots on the page normally associated with advertising. My second flash tip - don' t take up most of the screen with it. Keep the screen real estate it occupies to less than the screen, preferably on the left side. There are many reasons for this:

For more tips read webpronews.com/topnews/2005/09/28/flash-seo-and-optimization-how-to-properly-use-flash-on-your-websites

banners
Back