The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO Contest Targeted Term: seocontest2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the location of the daily results been moved? I am interested in how we are doing.. Who has how many pages and how many competitors are there?.

Earlier I read that there were deadlines to register and the number of competitors would be limited to 300.

Is that 300 pages or 300 participants with multiple pages?

There was no deadline for registration and participation limited to 300 members at the moment.

Our programmers are working on final touches to the daily standings page

There was no deadline for registration and participation limited to 300 members at the moment.

Our programmers are working on final touches to the daily standings page

Thanks again Skinner!! (another very fast reply)

You are not participating so this may be frustrating for you? I know many people involved in this contest are looking at it as if they are going for a golf handicap or bowling average. They just want to know how they measure up to each other.

That is the exciting part not the $1000

The $1000 got them here the competition keeps them here. Speaking of which does your rule mean I can enter 30 or 50 different domains or pages?

Or skinner can laugh at us all & do one anyway just to show what he could have done if he enetered :idk:

You are not participating so this may be frustrating for you? I know many people involved in this contest are looking at it as if they are going for a golf handicap or bowling average. They just want to know how they measure up to each other.

I am actually trying to compete with you guys and optimizing few pages myself. :)
I am curious where I stand compared to the rest of you. I don't compete for the prize though, my goal is to bring more interest to this contest and UKWW in general. Last time I checked my page was around 100 or so...

...Speaking of which does your rule mean I can enter 30 or 50 different domains or pages?

I don't think it's fair to enter more than one competing domains...
The whole point of the contest is to prove that you can optimize ANY domain for the targeted term.

Look at it this way... Lets say you have 10 different customers who hired you to optimize their sites for the same term. They all paid you same amount of money but you were able to get only one of them to the first page... Would you say as long as one customer gets what he paid for your job is done?
I don't think so...

So in my opinion registering more than one domain and than hope that at least one of them will do good is cheating...

Temi (The Boss) should be online shortly and he can clarify the rules...

I think the registered domain you put up first should stick, make it more interesting.

I hope that there will be only one page per contestant to be fair...
Thanks Skinner... again
Hey what is your page, I am now interested?

I think the registered domain you put up first should stick, make it more interesting.

I completely agree with this statement. Two month should be enough time to optimize and promote any domain, considering that everyone is competing for the term that had no results at the time contest started...

...Hey what is your page, I am now interested?

I don't want to disclose it yet but I can assure you - I did not take any premium domains and created page as everyone else after targeted term was announced... :D

Go KC your 9th, 1st page :yahoo:

Res I appreciate your noticing poor little me. Thank you. I think I would rather have your pages and links though, you are still ahead of me and it is still early. Where is Skinners pages?

Ok, just got word from Temi...

To change participating URL you will need to register again with new URL and make sure to have identifying code inserted on new page.

Old URL will be remover from the database and can not be a winner...

haha I just asked this question on the faq thread. maybe you can visit and paste this there as well?

To change participating URL you will need to register again with new URL and make sure to have identifying code inserted on new page.

:no: Not good this could soon turn into a spam fest, i have already seen multiple domains, blogspots, pages for the same members.

OMG Its a total hostile search engine takeover, be assured if a company asks for seo help they will end up with thousands of pages spread over the internet from different domains.

All I can say right now my page is higher than Resonate's all of a sudden... :yahoo:

Congratulations Skinner - At the moment so am I ??? how does that happen? Hey resonate where did you go? I know you are lurking for the kill....

Skinner will you be one of those who registers a site the day before the close?

All I can say right now my page is higher than Resonate's all of a sudden... :yahoo:

I figured you out a long time ago skinner:friends:, i saw it comming & i got a one of those funny feelings it will keep on climbing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back