The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO Contest any lessons learnt?

temi

affiliate
Hopefully, this SEO contest will not be just a waste of space, we should all be able to learn some new stuff.

So far, has anyone learn anything new? One observation I made (which is not really new) is that site with the keyword in their domain name are doing quite well.

Any other observations?

i am new to seo - so i am following the moves i see done by the guys in Page 1 of google ! i have learnt the use of social media & creating correct anchor text & the importance of having backlinks from authority site's !

on page 16 at the moment - hopefully will be better in the next few weeks or maybe even worse! time will tell !

i am new to seo - so i am following the moves i see done by the guys in Page 1 of google ! i have learnt the use of social media & creating correct anchor text & the importance of having backlinks from authority site's !

on page 16 at the moment - hopefully will be better in the next few weeks or maybe even worse! time will tell !

Arora, for a newbie you are doing fantastically well and the points you have learn are quite good, don't forget the part domain name and keywords seem to play in the process.

- Domain with Exact match keywords rocks!
- hyphens sucks :(
- Google is highly unpredictable.

Steve,
I agree with you an all the 3 points, especially the domain with exact keyword match bit.

I have and SEO client who registered a domain name just because he likes the sound of it but no keyword in it whatsoever, I have serious problems getting him to page 1 for his desired keyword but he is on page one for the keywords on hos domain (which is very competitive) but now related to his services :(

Arora, for a newbie you are doing fantastically well and the points you have learn are quite good, don't forget the part domain name and keywords seem to play in the process.

Point taken, Temi.

Thanks!

I have a steep learning curve to negotiate !

He mean don't use WordPress hosted blog...

It's fine to use the software as long as you have own hosting account and domain name.

Carl,

why not? i am actually in the process of changing one of my flash sites to wordpress static site in the magazine format - so want to know - the downside of wordpress, if i may!

He mean don't use WordPress hosted blog...

It's fine to use the software as long as you have own hosting account and domain name.

Thanks for clearing that Skinner,

Wordpress.com & wordpress.org have shown there true colors during this seo contest as they shut down several blogs which were entered in to the ukww contest, not only that i personally think the ones they shutdown had valuable content in them unlike some spam magnets.

Thanks for clearing that Skinner,

Wordpress.com & wordpress.org have shown there true colors during this seo contest as they shut down several blogs which were entered in to the ukww contest, not only that i personally think the ones they shutdown had valuable content in them unlike some spam magnets.

My wordpress blog was shut down for linking to my seocontest2008 site !

:banned:

and i lost all my content!

Temi,

another thing i learnt is to optimise the internal links within my site - which i have been neglecting to do! following the discussions here and on other forums - i am learning their importance! Whew!!! there is so much to learn ! :sweat:

i had just slapped some articles on my site with the poorest of onsite page optimization - you would have ever seen!
i have to change all that now ! :scared:

That is an excellent point, the laziest thing people usually do with internal pages is not to even bother to make the meta tags unique, the same meta tags is used throughout the whole site, not very good.

That is an excellent point, the laziest thing people usually do with internal pages is not to even bother to make the meta tags unique, the same meta tags is used throughout the whole site, not very good.

:botles:Laziest when it comes to optimize their own sites, but for clients they cant ignore ;)

Indeed! I figure out you are using ceocontest2008 in your signature link, is it a mistake or another contest is going on :D

They pronounce the same to human ears but search engines catch small detail like this. Great catch seonotes im intrigued to know now :D

banners
Back