The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO Contest 301 redirect not acceptable

temi

affiliate
Dear SEO 2008 Contestants,
Please note that if you use 301 redirect to forward an existing site to your SEOContest2008 page or site, this mean you are using an old site, this is not allowed.
As we said in the contest rules, you need to use a new site or folder with no previous back links.

Thanks

Dear SEO 2008 Contestants,
Please note that if you use 301 redirect, to forward an existing site site to your SEOContest2008 page or site, this counts as using and old site, this is now allowed.
As we said in the contest rules, you need to use a new site or folder with no previous backlinks

Thanks

Hi Temi, did you mean not?

Thanks for clearing the rules. I will comply asap.

- Benj

Ok, now complied. :D Although there are probably some DNS propagation delays so you may either see it working, not working, or down.

Hi temi,
Just drop the member/contestant using this technique, or give him warning before you delete his site

Any member who use unacceptable method will just be informed to stop, and when the contest comes to an end, before the prizes are awarded, we check the winners sites to ensure they did not use method that are not accepted.

Hi Temi,

Thanks for clearing it in advance as otherwise it would have caused lots of problem. Using fair techniques is the basic of this competition and it should be regarded.:D

Thanks

I am using 301 redirect from my page to my friends page because I decided that I don't have a chance. Is that a problem?

There is a small problem with the 301 rule. If I am a bad guy and I want to do evil to my competition, I would place 301 redirects to all competitors and tell you about redirects.

How can you avoid this?

Cheating?!
There is no rule in the official contest page that forbids redirects, or you're changing the rules in the middle of the contest?

Please have a look at this lines
You may use a domain, folder, or sub domain as your optimised page with one criterion. The page must be brand new, no backlins no cached version

The keyword is the NEW. Hence the 301 redirection is srtictly forbidden!

That is considered cheating, no redirect of any kind must be used.
Thanks

Then why when I asked Skinner if I can support my friends he answered me:

Hi Dinko,

I don't see any problem if you prefer to promote your friend's site instead of your own...

There still will be only one $1000 winner...

And why you don't mention it at the rules?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can of course support your friend BUT with FRESH links not 301 redirect, if every one do 301 redirect there is not point to the contest, everyone can just take and existing sites and forward it to seocontest site, this makes the competition pointless.

You can of course support your friend BUT with FRESH links not 301 redirect, if every one do 301 redirect there is not point to the contest, everyone can just take and existing sites and forward it to seocontest site, this makes the competition pointless.

OK, let's see what is the situation...
I am the owner of the SEOcontest2008 it's registered to the site and it's a new folder with no back links before the contest. No I desidet to redirect it to SEOcontest2008 because I am part of the team. So what's the problem? I am redirecting a new FRESH webpage (less than a month old). It's not like to redirect one of my other OLD, TRUSTED and LINKED web sites. If you mentioned at rules that we can't use redirections, may be we weren't tring to use a brand new domain. But now at the middle of the contest... it's handicap for us. It's just not etical, of course you are the one how is making the rules and we will conform with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back