The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seo Contest 2.0 - Contest length

How long should Seo Contest 2.0 be run for?

• Total voters

Resonate

<span style="color: white; font-weight: 700; backg
affiliate
Ok guys i would like you all to input on this contest as it will be more fun & hopefully run for the best times for all of you. One way we could do this is by the contest running length.

I have opened a poll were i want you all to vote on how long the contest should be, bear in mind the first one seem to pass rather quickly & members may wish to spread the time they spend on the contest.

Resonate

5 months and the contest could possibly cover 2 PR updates also, that's if the start and finish dates are selected carefully.

Resonate

5 months and the contest could possibly cover 2 PR updates also, that's if the start and finish dates are selected carefully.

Thanks for your input clangallacher, hopefully depending on the poll of contest length we can plan the dates to suit everyone over a period, personally with the first contest the first 3 weeks i spent loads of time but work & family meant all the rest was lost so the initial work was pointless.

voted for 3 months period, i think the shorter the better for me. I can't caught up with the rest specially building backlink.

I have voted for three 3 months as this is neither too long and nor too short.

This span of time will be good for optimizing and making the things turn around accordingly. :D

I've voted "4 months".
I think 2 months is too short to build a good site, and a good strategy.
3 months, it's Ok.
In 4 months, the contest can win more participants...
5 months is perhaps too long... but why not...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad i asked the question now lol

I guess you can't please everyone

And I guess an interesting note is that this SEOContest2008 was a 2 month contest and Pogung only needed 1 month and 3 days to get the 4th place position. Impressive.

Although I voted 3 months. 2 months is to hectic especially if you are currently working.

2 months, i lost interest after 1 month - i work a 80 hour week & can't stay focussed more than this - the guys who are doing nothing but seo - can probably afford to spend more time!

I think it gets too boring - building backlinks etc etc & looking at the boring computer screen for ages! 2 months felt like an eternity!

It seems to be in the middle man, we shall leave the poll open for a few more days but i think a winner is emurging!

In 2 months I can reach the Top 10 Google SERP (rank 9 :) )

But I don't have a special team like French Task Force (Sphere Team) or Phinoy Team. Even though Indonesian contestants use the same flag and symbol, but we do SEOcontest2008 by ourselves, not organized well like Sphere Team or Phinoy Team.

I only have several links exchange and some backlinks from my friends. But it's ok, no problem. I think it's a challenge to fight alone, because as SEO consultants we will have clients and we must serve them well by ourselves.

I need more than 2 months to get better result. So I propose 4 months if possible. But if "the clients" can't wait too long, 3 months period is ok :)

banners
Back