The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO and Blog Commenting

TylerDurden

When commenting on blogs does entering your site's URL in the website field count as a backlink? Or is the only way to get backlinks from blog comments by making a clickable link in your comment?

It counts as a backlink if the blog is a "do follow" blog. Wordpress by default no follows comment links
but a lot of blogs use the do follow plugin.

Thanks Linda, SEO can be so confusing. When I first started getting into internet marketing and I read about SEO it sounded so easy in theory but in actuality it is really hard to get backlinks for your sites, especially dofollow links.

Tyler you may find some helpful linking resources here.

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/web-2-0-video-social-marketing-forum/16974-70-do-follow-social-media-sites.html#post53114">70 Do Follow Social Media Sites</a>

It counts as a backlink if the blog is a "do follow" blog. Wordpress by default no follows comment links
but a lot of blogs use the do follow plugin.

Right, I have always been told to plus the do-follow plugin with on idea why. Noone told me that,Wordpress by default no follows comment links. So now i know WP more.

MI
Back