The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Selecting a strategy to succeed with.

TryingtoSucceed

affiliate
Previously, I have tried blogging about topics of interest, and letting Google SEO do the rest. That strategy proved unsuccessful, for many reasons:

1. I focused on high word count, rather than value.
2. I feel that the strategy I used is outdated
3. I didn't provide any value to Google, or any of Google's users.

I am searching for a new strategy, and then wondering how I can learn that strategy. Right now, I am thinking about this:

Find one product to start. A high-ticket product. Like they say, you can sell a mattress to someone looking for a mattress just as easily as selling a book to someone looking for a book.

5 $1000 sales per month with a 10% commission is $500 per month.
500 $10 sales per month with a 10% commission is $500 per month.
Which sounds easier?

Another important thing I have begun to note is that the product needs to SOLVE A PROBLEM. None of my posts on my website or social media previously solved a problem. It offered no value to anyone.

Assuming this is a good strategy, the next step is finding a niche. I've been trying niches that I am passionate about, but that has been a mistake. I am not sure what content to put out for one product though. Here are some of the niches I've thought about:

VilliersJets

Private jet company, customers can schedule their own flights in a private jet.

James Allen

High-ticket jewelry company.

Kabbage

Small business bank loans

1. How do I know how competitive/saturated a niche is?
2. How do I know if there's anyone even looking for the niche?
3. How do I know how profitable a niche is?

Going to be completely honest blogging has been done to death try doing a top 5 or a top 10. That's a bit more interesting than reading a lengthy blog post that most of the time offers nothing and is blatantly a sales pitch for the product.

Most profitable niches are wealth and health, however these are also some of the most saturated, it would be pretty difficult to start a new site and rank in the top 10 nevermind the top 3, this would take many years.

You could try a strategy that is risky but has the potential to reap profits. Buy a site on flippa that already has traffic for your specific niche and put your spin on it, this requires a bit of money upfront and no guarantee of success but imo if your wanting to do blog posts that would be something to look into.

However blog writing is not my best subject so take all this advice with a grain of salt and use your own due diligence.

This question is too broad
What exactly are you trying to find out?
If you want to find your competitors? Then simply search your main keyword query on Google and it gives a list of competitors
I don't know how you measure "saturated"

Easy, check the search volume

That's the easy one
You already know this

Now I'm going back to sleep

Do you know how hard it is for someone to spend $1000 just by reading a blog post its a big decision. It takes a lot of thought and by the time they have decided they will probably buy it direct through the site of the company. Your starting targets for someone that is not earning are way to high imo when you don't have a ranking site, focus on trying to get a few sales in other ways while you build up this blog or whatever type of site you wish to create. FB groups could net you some sales but it takes a lot of energy and time, like anything in this field.

Another important thing I have begun to note is that the product needs to SOLVE A PROBLEM. None of my posts on my website or social media previously solved a problem. It offered no value to anyone.
If you want to be successful you need to be unique. You're right you need to solve a problem for someone, but people are already doing this probably to a much higher quality. You can also provide value but it needs to be done right, make sure all the information you're giving out CAN NOT be found anywhere else, this will make users return and give your post more substance.

VilliersJets

Private jet company, customers can schedule their own flights in a private jet.
To be honest I don't know if there is a big market for people wanting to buy flights in a private jet during this climate. People are tight for money and will most likely not be able to afford it. These types of private jet offers would be extremely hard to convert considering how small the market is compared to some of the broader niches. You would be targeting people with serious money, which further narrows your market. Just googled, it can be upwards of $1400-$3000 for one hour of flying. Most people who pay for these flights most likely already have a preferred company to fly with, this reduces a already small market of people. If your serious about promoting these types off offers I think your going to need a little more than a blog post to make people spend this sort of money.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Some interesting points here:

Most of the internet I find to be repetitive overkill of the same over-used content presentations in schema. Maybe, to some degree; I see this from experience --probably to more 'virgin-eyes' some of these overworked themes may not be so over seen by the general public.

That said, when it comes to the SEO aspect --search engine algorithms have become more sophisticated and may be able to sense the dull repetitiveness of much of the 'affiliate website' world.

Going after the high-ticket end during difficult times is not that bad of an idea really. Some people always have or make money --even off the misery of others :p

I came to the conclusion many years ago; that if a poor man and a rich man both want something --the rich man is more likely to buy it. All things being equal --the better off person will part with their money with less resistance.

Of course there are niche exceptions, but unless you are selling a necessity item; people with little money are going to be a more difficult sale.
#1 and #2 might be deduced by the gross number of results listed in Google search --use 2 or 3 word phrases for comparison ;) Single keywords I think will show a lot of fishing expeditions by not so professional nor established webmasters (amateurs that will not be around long).
#3 is only known by your own data and conversion profitability. Unless you have some insider info, all these web tools are assumptive by design.

Lots of good points here, thank you guys!

If I don't use a blog, what else is there if I don't have the budget to push advertisements to a store or something?

By far the hardest thing for me has been the niche. I've been in the business since summer of 2019, and I have been failing since the summer of 2019. Haven't made a dime. Haven't gotten more than 20 organic views. Niche is a big reason why.

I want to be well prepared for this next try, but have no idea what would be good. I watched a video of a guy base an entire website around PureVPN, and do well. I don't know. Seems like every worthwhile product/niche has hundreds of sites with age and authority. But I'm too far invested financially and time-wise to stop. I can still somewhat see affiliate marketing turning successful for me.

You're basically saying that you can't find any problems to solve :rolleyes:
Just start solving people's problems - you are GUARANTEED to start getting attention
Answer questions, be helpful, look for dead ends
Try a Google search "help needed"

Literally just start finding questions to answer
Watch what happens

I watched a video of a guy base an entire website around PureVPN
Who made this video?
Seems like every worthwhile product/niche has hundreds of sites with age and authority.
If you're afraid of competition then this might not be the field for you. How do you think these sites started? The same way you did. You have a few options, try to run ads to your site, push notifications are dirt cheap or pop also may work. Option 2, as i mentioned previously you could invest on a flippa site which already has traffic, the only problem is you don't know what niche you want to promote. Choose a niche and stick with it, then we may be able to provide some more information on how you move forward until then it sounds like you've given up.
Haven't gotten more than 20 organic views
Have you been relying fully on google SEO or have you ventured into other traffic sources. Promote your website on FB, Quora, Other forums (without being spammy). You cannot post a blog and do nothing to get it out there and expect traffic to start flowing, do these methods of promotion take time? Yes they do. Are they time consuming? yes they are. However this is the sacrifice you make if you have a tight budget, you trade money for time. If you pay for ads you run the risk of not making a return, but if your ads are successful you can make a ton of cash. Running paid traffic the Risk/Reward is immense. Like for example i spent a couple hundred $ on ads which netted me a loss but I know someone who spent $100 on ads and netted a profit of $800, these are the risks you take. Don't take all of this the wrong way, it just sounds like you expect sales and traffic to come because you posted a blog or thats the way it comes across to me but don't worry me and everyone else at affiliatefix are here to guide and steer you onto the right track. Please correct me if I got anything wrong above and I will do my best to try and answer your questions, if any, in as much detail as possible.

If you're afraid of competition then this might not be the field for you. How do you think these sites started?

Competition is great
Without competitors there's (usually) no market
Here's a niche I hear more about recently
VIRTUAL VACATIONS
(I'm entering this niche soon, so if you don't like competition .. ;))

MI
Back