The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Restore Your Website Rankings on Google

seo_marketing

affiliate
Is your website Out of Google Index ? Are you thinking that backlinks have effected your website's position on Google? Think Twice.

We have observed various cases where websites which were not being optimized in any way moved out of Google index. So we know 100% that it was not a case of paid links, back links, or free links. However, with careful analysis of one of our client website we observed that some competitor created a duplicate website and VOILA search engine ( The Mighty Google) threw the client's original website in Supplement index. The duplicate version of the website started to show on search results and the original one was out of Google index.

I assured the client that your penalty has little to do with paid links. We immediately asked the client to change their content on the homepage and then it was Bingo ! The site jumped back within 15 days flat.

We have seen various factors other than Back Links and these factors can also seriously affect your website rankings.

In case your website is out of Google index, follow these simple guideline:-

a) Check if someone has copied your content or you have copied content from somewhere. There are cases where your content writer might copy content from some website without your knowledge. Some people argue that supplement index is not penalty, but I can assure you supplement index means out of Google Index.

b) Check if you have overstuffed your pages with your target keywords.

c) Remove Meta Keywords from your main pages if you have overstuffed meta keywords tag.

d) Ensure that you have keyword density of around 2-3% for 250-500 words page.

e) Remove excessive H1, H2 tags from your website.

f) Check if you have added duplicate listing in Google Local Business or Google Places.

We also observed one of our client website being moved out of Google Index because someone from their office submitted a duplicate Google Places listing using a new phone number but same address. The moment we removed the duplicate listing from Google Places, the site jumped back to previous position within 15 minutes [It was faster than Bullet Train]. I was wondering either God must be crazy or Google must be crazy to add these sort of rules in their algorithm.

We have personally observed that Google does not necessarily give you penalty for back links. There are several vulnerable areas in Google and if you happen to be close to any of these areas, your website will move out of Google index.

Analyze each and every aspect of your website. If most of the websites move out of Google index for purchasing links then any competitor can get another competitor penalized on Google. This is not always the case, so if you find your website moved out of Google index, simply analyze each and every aspect of your website whether it is content, keyword density, affiliate links, or even Google Places Listing.

Best of Luck with your website's Optimization :)

f) Check if you have added duplicate listing in Google Local Business or Google Places.

We also observed one of our client website being moved out of Google Index because someone from their office submitted a duplicate Google Places listing using a new phone number but same address. The moment we removed the duplicate listing from Google Places, the site jumped back to previous position within 15 minutes [It was faster than Bullet Train]. I was wondering either God must be crazy or Google must be crazy to add these sort of rules in their algorithm.

I do a lot of work with Google Places and know all the ins & outs but I've never heard of a Places dupe listing causing a drop in organic? Have you really seen that? I have lots of clients with dupes that I am trying to clean up, but even with their dupes their organic ranking is still high on 1st page.

However I also just answered a post on another forum from someone who had both their Place and organic rankings tank at the same time last week and wondered if it was connected. I don't know their URL yet so have not been able to check it out. But it's a Dentist and those guys typically have at least one dupe.

So I'd be curious to hear more about your experiences with Places dupes and organic rankings.

I have lots of clients with dupes that I am trying to clean up, but even with their dupes their organic ranking is still high on 1st page.

Google Penalty Algorithm works on the probability of "Yes or No". Same situation on one website can yield penalty whereas same thing on another website can have no effect in rankings. However, there are some areas which are spooky and you have to aware of these areas. You have to understand that problem lies somewhere close to these areas and not always "BACK LINKS" as written on different forums etc etc.

Take for example, some scammer copied content from some article website and published on his site. His website gets crawled first and he is the owner of your content. Later, your content is crawled by Google and you are the NEW scammer Boy labelled by Google.

However, there are cases where original websites having content as old as 6 years move into supplement index because their competitor created duplicate website.

Google behaves differently on different websites. Its more like a game of Chess where there are no fixed paths :) . Along with shares of its smartness Google has its share of few dumbness which can ruin your hard work of several months. We have seen that with our eyes original websites moving into supplement index for no fault of theirs.

Yes I understand what you said above that mainly deals with Organic. And I know specifically how the local algo works, which is slightly more predictable than organic although I think it's much buggier.

My question was... I wanted to hear more about your experience with sites that had an organic drop because that had a Places dupe. I'd just never heard that and I'm a level 5 on the Google support forum, so usually hear about most kinds of problems. But maybe users didn't notice the organic drop or didn't think they had anything to do with each other or something.

ok guys - I'm ready to hit the panic button. For the past three weeks, I've been taking my client's articles that's on his site and placing them on article directory websites. So far, my client's site hasn't been thrown in the supplemental index (knock on wood (three times)).

Should I start yanking these articles??? I'm doing this to get referral traffic - not a better ranking.

Your Google ranking may drop if your website content is lower quality than it was or you post fresh articles less often. If you loose backlinks (I mean doFollow backlinks) it can decrease your ranking too. Be sure that you maintain the quality of your website or your ranking will drop. However you can always get back your old position if you improve the quality or recover the "lost" links. ;)

oh this is the scenario that I truly hate....been a victim of competitors copying content and creating links to my site/s from adult-sites....:) sometimes SEO is a funny thing

oh this is the scenario that I truly hate....been a victim of competitors copying content and creating links to my site/s from adult-sites....:) sometimes SEO is a funny thing

Right, sometimes competitors may submit your url to various spam sites which may affect your search engine rankings. your url may also be used to spam social networks and blog comments. All of these unethical techniques not only hurt your rankings but also will affect your online reputation.

Nice tips there..I actually lost my rankings about a month ago after making some minor changes...It took me almost a week to get them back. Thanks for the tips

Nice tips there..I actually lost my rankings about a month ago after making some minor changes...It took me almost a week to get them back. Thanks for the tips

great to hear it took you only one week, in my case, I'm still waiting for one of my sites to bounce back after being attacked by spam injections ;)

banners
Back