The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Registering as a Business??

Dee81

affiliate
Hello,

This may be a silly question, but I have been reading up on this for a long time and can't seem to find a straight answer. Do I have to register my website as a business? Do I have to get a DBA, for tax purposes?

I already have my own website for personal use and want to get into affiliate marketing with it, but I am not sure if I need to do anything more.

I whent to sign up with the PepperJam network, and it asked me for a bussiness name. Can I just put my name??

If anyone can offer insight as to the proper way to initially set things up I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dee

Hi Dee,

You don't need to register as a business for tax purposes or to get accepted into programs/networks. Lots of affiliates just work under their own name.

You do however need to register your business in your local county. Details vary by state/county, so check your local government site. But there again you can just do business under your own name if you like.

I can add that official registration can be helpful (not necessary) to work with your advertisers. Some of them ask for official agreement (especially if the will pay more than $100 per month)

MI
Back