The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Regarding Multi Level Marketing

j1477

affiliate
Hi. Say in a business model such as Dubli's, or a similar MLM model, why would someone want to be an associate for a partner or associate of Dubli, when she can directly be a partner or an associate for Dubli directly? Doesn't the commission a publisher/associate receive get lower down the hierarchy? Thanks in advance.

The way I understand it is that the commission is a set percentage for any affiliate. The advantage of MLM is that it encourages affiliates to bring in more people because then they will get paid by the company also whenever a sub-affiliate makes a sale. However, the sub-affiliate earns the commission for the direct sale.

I hope, I'm explaining it clearly. Basically, direct sales always pay the same, the head affiliate just gets paid extra by the main company.

The way I understand it is that the commission is a set percentage for any affiliate. The advantage of MLM is that it encourages affiliates to bring in more people because then they will get paid by the company also whenever a sub-affiliate makes a sale. However, the sub-affiliate earns the commission for the direct sale.

I hope, I'm explaining it clearly. Basically, direct sales always pay the same, the head affiliate just gets paid extra by the main company.

More commonly, it means that each level in the multilevel system gets a cut from any commission earned by the person below them in the pyramid. Thus, the person actually making the sale earns a relatively small commission. In order to earn more, s/he has to recruit others, from which s/he gets a cut. The higher up any individual is in the pyramid, the more money they make.

Both Journey01's and Minstrel's are right on the money part but there's another reason that people join under someone else (a mentor). For inexperienced people a mentor can help show the newbie the ropes at least that's the theory but sometimes that's all it is.

Thank you for your replies. It has helped clear up a lot of things. From my research I gather that CJ does allow sub-affiliates. Am I correct that sub-affiliates and two-tier programs are basically the same? Can you tell me how the CJ sub-affiliate program works or where I may get information regarding this?

MI
Back