The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Redirecting EMD's to money site....

StackCash

affiliate
I'm buying a bunch of exact match domains + location (keyword + long island) and plan on redirecting them to my money site. My goal is to grab small amounts of direct navigation traffic in addition to blocking out possible future competition. I have a few questions:

1) 301 redirects are the best way to do this, yes? Should I do it through a php script or through .htaccess?

2) Is it ok to have all the domains on the same IP/host? There may be 100+ domains redirected to the money site eventually. Is there anything I need to be aware of regarding this?

3) Once I have some data on which domains are sending the most traffic, should I build them out with 4-5 pages of content about the keyword, or should I just leave it as a redirect?

If you are using 301 redirects, neither visitors nor search engine spiders will "see" (or index) those exact match domains, so any SEO value they might otherwise have will be nullified.

To exploit the SEO potential, you'll need to NOT 301 them. Add some relevant content and then link back to your main site with appropriate anchor text.

banners
Back