The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

recruiting new affiliates

romya2

I am a new affiliate manager and I am looking for some advice on how to recruit affiliates. Our company is a big successful company but we have just launched our program. As the manager it is my job to promote it advertise it list it and so on. I have done all that but it doesn't feel like enough. It's a great product for businesses but i don't know how to get people interested in being affiliates. I have the basics such as free and easy sign up and high payout, but what else would attract affiliates. thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi romya2,

Your space is pretty competitive, plus it can take awhile to build an affiliate program. How long ago did you actually launch the program and how long have you been ACTIVELY promoting it?

Hi Linda,

My program launched on Sept 24th and I ahve been promoting it for about 4 weeks. I have listed in some free directories. I haven't done any paid listings yet because I'm not sure which ones are worth the money. We do have acocunts with CJ, clicksgalore, linkshare and some others. I am not too strong on recruiting affiliates to the site.

Romya,

I agree with Brian and Linda, On the site I feel that there is not enough information. I would like to see more details ( what are the benefits) before I would buy into anything. Do you write articles? If you do you may want to submit some articles I would add as many details about the benefits to joining the affiliate programs. Here are some of the article directories that I use to recruit new members. http://www.internet5kincome.com/freeads.html Read articles get good ideas. Check them out! I also have some of the free advertising links. I use a splash page like this. http://www.internet5kincome.com/empo.html I find this a very effective method of recruiting new prospects. When you get new prospects You need to follow up with them the instant you know they are there! ( its kind of like when you go to Sears) Use your free trials as way to get interest. Hope this helps good luck ;)

Mike

Hi, Mike
I just read your reply to Romya's and took some time to go over the two links you recommanded. Finishing going through the relevant articles, I really want to thank you and hope I had registered a long period of time earlier. Thousand plus thousand thanks :)

My program launched on Sept 24th and I ahve been promoting it for about 4 weeks. I have listed in some free directories. I haven't done any paid listings yet because I'm not sure which ones are worth the money. We do have acocunts with CJ, clicksgalore, linkshare and some others. I am not too strong on recruiting affiliates to the site.
You aren't saying you have your affiliate program set up with all these networks? If you did you would have plenty of affiliates. But you could not because it would be too expensive plus LinkShare has an exclusive. Curious what does having accounts with all these affiliate networks have to do with recruiting affiliates? I'm confused. :confused:

There are many forums that allow an announcement about your program, thats one thing to try. You can also try Adwords for "webmaster affiliate programs" and related keywords.

thank you

Thank you to everyone who responded for your input and advice. To answer Linda, I do have affiliate signups with this networks. I am with a big company and we can afford it. But I am looking to get affiliate directly through the affiliate site. As the manager is is my responsability to get new affiliates directly form the site in addition to those from the affiliate networks. the first thing that was done when we created the affiliate program was to join these networks. And we are getting a good amount of affiliates through them. But I would like to get some more traffic and signups. I would like to thank Maiko for his links they were very helpful and we do have a writer to get started on that. It is a great idea that we hadn't thought of. I am working on providing more information on the site to make it more clear to visitors. Thanks again.

No problem, If you need help recruiting perhaps The SFI home training guide would help it has helped me. For what it is worth here are more tips from SFI This has given me many ideas for marketing and recruiting, so far it seems to be working. :D

Mike

The way we built up our program was really by talking to affiliates to see what it was they wanted.

More banners with variety in size.
Keyword files for CPC ads.
HTML Website Templates.
Active affiliate managment.

Looking at your site it looks like you have everything covered. The biggest thing is getting your affs to understand the product so they can get it to perform. If they think it's a great product then selling will come easy. If not then they will struggle.

I guess the fact that our program is totally free is a draw too. ;)

banners
Back