Recommended Primary Focus In 2017 For Skilled Marketers

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
As we all know, the landscape of our business is ever changing with regulations, advertisers needs, battling fraud, and increasing competition. For those of us with some skin in the game and some years of experience with a stable business model, where do you recommend we place the majority of our focus for 2017? What do you see and plan to develop more aggressively in this industry going forward with the landscape as it is at the moment?

As always, the affiliate landscape is changing right now too. Some verticals are loosing track, some are gaining it ...

Out of the very popular verticals, I think Sweepstakes are going down quite a lot, so I don't plan to put much focus there in the nearest feature.

I've seen Mobile display (banners) traffic take a big hit lately, and it wasn't just my impression, many STM members confirmed this... so this is out for me for now too.

On the other hand, Facebook is coming back and many affiliates are turning there - ecommerce is booming right now. For those of you who don't have a problem with more complicated setups ... this could be a good area to explore in 2017.

I also see LeadGen still running strong and that's where I plan to be most active in the coming months. I'd like to focus on email lists a bit more in 2017.

On the other hand, Facebook is coming back and many affiliates are turning there - ecommerce is booming right now. For those of you who don't have a problem with more complicated setups ... this could be a good area to explore in 2017.

I've seen this as well. Many of our well known marketers seem to help along the resurgence of eCommerce this past year and get into it in a big way.

I also see LeadGen still running strong and that's where I plan to be most active in the coming months. I'd like to focus on email lists a bit more in 2017.

That was at the core of my intuition. It seems to be among the most stable models I've banked on steadily over the years. Mostly real estate. It's time for me to expand to additional niches. What's your opinion on the Torte niche?

I have had a hard look into email marketing lately. It's has multitudes of options for marketing. Given our ability to use cleaned purchased 3rd party data, tools to manage the lists, and plenty of good servers available for sends, I feel as though it can't be overlooked.

My past email marketing was all through newsletters sent to emails collected on my highly targeted niche sites. Moving into 3rd party data is a new foray for me.

Have you any advice and guidance for those of us taking the plunge into email marketing using purchased data?

What's your opinion on the Torte niche?

Torte? You mean the bigass cake? :)

Have you any advice and guidance for those of us taking the plunge into email marketing using purchased data?

I'm not really an email-ninja, hopefully not YET :) The experience I have is tied to lists collected from niche sites too.

But just by thinking about this now - I would treat it as any other source of traffic and work with the targeting options that are available. Based on how good and deep the data is, you should be able to create interest groups or demo-based groups ... and then find related offers for them - it could be similar to working with facebook targeting options. You can also do an initial mail sequence, that would help you categorize the prospects based on a questionnaire, quiz ... I've seen people doing this with purchased lists for example.

Torte? You mean the bigass cake? :)

I can make a Bavarian Torte you would love if your a chocolate lover! It's full of creamy chocolate, angel food cake chunks, and slivered almonds. Moms recipe. We used to serve at our restaurant. Big winner!

Sorry, my dyslexia gets the better of me sometimes, I meant tort.

The tort I was referring to is the offer related to class action suits, and other types of legal remedy offers. I'm looking to get into some of the higher paying offers out there. Some of the legal remedy offers, especially in the medical field, are bringing upwards of $250 to $2500 payouts. For example, Xarelto averages around $400 per conversion. Most of them prefer email marketing promotions.

Legal offers are the perfect example of verticals to NOT target with classic media buying approach. Their high payouts and general "sensitivity" of the niche, make it very hard to convert and optimize with the standard methods. I can't even imagine myself trying to optimize an offer with $1500 payout for example, that would require a mammoth budget and very strong balls :)

I would say, it would be a better idea to focus on SEO in this case, build a solid info site and collect emails ... then try to send localized offers to the subscribers. As you said yourself, these advertisers prefer email traffic and I'm sure they know why :) With the proper data, it should be possible to find the demo for offers like these and target them successfully with email campaigns.

Legal offers are the perfect example of verticals to NOT target with classic media buying approach. Their high payouts and general "sensitivity" of the niche, make it very hard to convert and optimize with the standard methods. I can't even imagine myself trying to optimize an offer with $1500 payout for example, that would require a mammoth budget and very strong balls :)

The high cost of promotion has been a concern for me. I see what the lawyers have been paying for clicks on traffic sources. Outrageous numbers.

I would say, it would be a better idea to focus on SEO in this case, build a solid info site and collect emails ... then try to send localized offers to the subscribers. As you said yourself, these advertisers prefer email traffic and I'm sure they know why :) With the proper data, it should be possible to find the demo for offers like these and target them successfully with email campaigns.

Excellent. This is in my wheel house. I love content sites of this nature.

Thanks Matuloo!

Master Matuloo, hope you still here. Do you think mobile content subscription offers still a good place for newbie to start?
Recently i try popads with anti-virus offers, I can see conversion but the traffic cost is also a little bit high. Because I only target the carrier traffic to make the offer one click convert.

Master Matuloo, hope you still here. Do you think mobile content subscription offers still a good place for newbie to start?
Recently i try popads with anti-virus offers, I can see conversion but the traffic cost is also a little bit high. Because I only target the carrier traffic to make the offer one click convert.

Hello Simon,

I actually believe that these offers are one of the easiest to start with right now. The bids for carrier traffic are high, but there is a reason for that.

Want to read more about how to run these? I have an article dedicated to subscription offers on my blog : What are Carrier billing / PIN submit offers and how to promote them.

MI
Back