The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

reckon this is good for my sites ranking?

yankie1973

affiliate
Hi Newbie here so sorry for the question which is probably been asked before. I am trying to get my own website to start ranking higher on google etc and so far not so good....
I have heard something about blackhat techinques being frowned upon by google but i noticed on a website I made a purchase on recently had some form of hiding key words.. There is a button at the bottom of the page that is called "resources" when clicking on the button some paragraphs appear containing a very high density of what i guess are the key words the site uses....

is this allowed?
and is this something that is good to do on my site to get higher in the rankings?

Hello

That sounds like a javascript button to display a div of text, which could classed as blackhat depending on the situation. If google gets a report of blackhat techniques they normally check them manually to make sure.

Personally I wouldn't want to do anything that could be a grey area to google blackhat rules, if you get blocked by google then its pretty much game over.

MI
Back