The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

realistic "Growth" goals & CJ rankings

inmysparetime

Hi! I am new to this forum but not to affiliate marketing. I've been an affiliate on and off for over 8 years and have jumped into a new roll as affiliate manager and am loving it.

I have to present management with my growth projections and am looking for some statistics to help me create those. Their affiliate program has been underway for about 6 months and did not get off to a great start and the stastics I've gathered are not realistic to use for too many reasons to list here.

I've totally redone our payout structure to make it much more competitive and affiliate friendly, we've totally redone our site and put extra focus on conversion points that are already showing great improvement along with a host of other improvements, so the site & program from 6 months ago to today are like night and day.

If you have any statistics you use to measure "improvement" i'd love to hear your thoughts and then I can try to adapt to our needs. I will be setting several different goals as we have demos, free trials and product purchase and I'd also like to get our CJ ranking significantly improved. It may be one of those mystery things, but I can't find anywhere what milestones you have to reach to move from 1 bar to 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Any and all feedback welcome!

Look forward to getting to know you all.

t may be one of those mystery things, but I can't find anywhere what milestones you have to reach to move from 1 bar to 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Hi inmysparetime,

I think I can answer one of your questions.

I haven't managed a CJ program for several years but I asked about that once too and the answer was it's a sliding scale in relation to the other merchants in the network so there are no distinct tiers and the numbers are always in flux. That's what I was told but I can't guarantee it's correct.

inmysparetime

Hi There,

In terms of realistic projections, you can surf the internet or refer to a Strategic Management Book such as one written by Fred David. Look up the IFE (Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix) as well as the EFE (External Factor Evaluation Matrix.) You can also look at the Boston Consulting Group Matrix. Remember---statistics are sometimes used like a drunk man and a lamppost. He uses it for support rather that illumination. The same is true with stats. Make sure that your assumptions are substantive so that a DSS (Decision Support System) can be obtained from your MIS, resulting in informed decision making. Kind Regards.

banners
Back