The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[QUESTION] What comes FIRST build list or niche sites?

Harry Nguyen

affiliate
Hey, people :) I just got my hosting and autoresponder up and running. Over the years, I've learned a lot about internet marketing so I know what works and what doesn't. To me, CPA is the easiest and fastest way to make money online but the thing is where do we start? I mean they say to build a list FIRST, other people say to build niche sites.

If it's niche sites, I don't want to promote clickbank products via websites but promoting that to list. If I want to promote products it would have to be physical or CPA offers. Now, my thing is I know how to get traffic, the free way. Tons of if it too. But, I don't know what I'm suppose to be doing right now. I know I want to make money fast and also build a list.*

Let's be real, I could do solo ads to get people on my list, do adswaps, hit up joint ventures. And I seen real marketers just like you that never really blog anymore, nor do they teach but give advice, and from me optin in they just email daily. Then again, people say you don't need to get into the MMO or IM niche to make money online, which is obviously true... But, how do I go about building a list when I never experience it yet but I do have the experience to do so?

Thanks people :)

Hey Harry,

If you have traffic - you have everything you need.

Anyways, the only way you can sell to people over and over is through the list. Build a landing page with an optin and offer them incentive in order for them to optin to your list. You have seen what others are doing, do something similar, just do it in a way you think would be better.

In my mind the worst niches to get into, ESPECIALLY for a newbie are MMO ir IM niche. Those are pretty saturated. Apart from that you don't even have experience in that niche, as you said yourself. That just creates a vicious circle of people who have no clue promoting to people who have no clue and we end up with - Warrior forum ;)

BTW, the hardest thing is driving traffic, and targeted traffic interested in what you are selling especially. What are the ways in which you think you will be able to drive huge traffic? I mean, it doesn't really add up with the rest of the story ;)

Hey Harry,

If you have traffic - you have everything you need.

Anyways, the only way you can sell to people over and over is through the list. Build a landing page with an optin and offer them incentive in order for them to optin to your list. You have seen what others are doing, do something similar, just do it in a way you think would be better.

I got a giveaway that I want to give, it's squeeze pages, a software, and an ebook on CPA. Right, but the thing is with that is if I build a list in the IM niche and I'm not making money then do you think it's possible to give advice? It's like saying I never had a gf, and I seen a lot of bf/gf break up so I got experience from them and I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. So, in the IM niche I could give advice on how to do install wordpress, do SEO - on and off, just basic info.

In my mind the worst niches to get into, ESPECIALLY for a newbie are MMO ir IM niche. Those are pretty saturated. Apart from that you don't even have experience in that niche, as you said yourself. That just creates a vicious circle of people who have no clue promoting to people who have no clue and we end up with - Warrior forum ;)

Hahaha, true that yo.

BTW, the hardest thing is driving traffic, and targeted traffic interested in what you are selling especially. What are the ways in which you think you will be able to drive huge traffic? I mean, it doesn't really add up with the rest of the story ;)

I wouldn't say huge, but in a way it will bring tons of traffic by free methods. Just by knowing what people want, then just give it to them and basically brand yourself.

I would build a site/product first with an opt in form and adweber or something similar on the backend for auto respond. Then push traffic and this will build you a list to monetize :)

Hey, people :) But, how do I go about building a list when I never experience it yet but I do have the experience to do so?

Thanks people :)

Hi Harry, it sounds strange that with all your experience and knowledge about the IM business, that you don't know the process of creating a list. Maybe I spoke too soon. Actually, as I think about it, I did three years of this business totally ignoring list building...:eek: Ok, now I found someone else... LOL

ok... to get to your question.... the process and concept of building a list is very, very simple. It's what you do with your list, how you handle the list the proper way, that gets people into trouble.

To begin to build a list you would create a 'one-page' website... a 'squeeze page'. This one-pager has only ONE purpose. To collect a name and email address from the visitor, with the opt-in form place on that page. I'll assume you know what an opt-in form is and how it works... (Aweber)

That's the easy part... now, the main job is traffic creation to that site. It's all about traffic. So let's assume again that you understand 'traffic'. You drive a whole bunch of folks to you site, and a % of them opt-in/sign-up.

Oh... I skipped an important point... WHY, do they opt-in? Because you are giving them something for free. An ebook for example. or a subscription to a bi-weekly or monthly newsletter. Now this cannot be junk. It has to be helpful, serious material in the niche your in.

Here's the part that most people fail with...... because they have no patients and are lookin for a quick buck.... READY? You DO NOT sell anything to your list... nothing!.... for a month, or even two.

Over that month you are offering helpful, needed, valuable information to you list.... they see that you are not JUST using them for a bank deposit. What you're doing is building trust. Over time you build a TARGETED, trusting list.

And finally..... you can turn that targeted, trusting list into customers by recommending some useful product or service that you believe they would be interested in and that would help them.

Will they buy from you....? Not only will they buy now..... they will buy again from you....... why? Because they trust you..... Now, if you go about abusing them, and start giving less, and selling more, you will begin to lose them...

Well, that a synopsis of list building.......... There is one internet marketing coach that has become one of the biggest marketers in the business with only THIS one model.... and that's what he teaches..... a wonderful, caring, and big-time giving type of guy.... is you just want to meet him.... you can see a very short 2 min. video of him here..... thebestinternetmarketingcourse.com

Harry, I wish you luck - and if you have any further questions about list-building, I will be glad to help.....

Regards

Cliff Michaels

[Note to the Mods] I'm aware I can't put a 'link' yet. But wasn't sure if I could reference a site as I have above.... If not, please excuse, and of course, remove it if I have broken a rule. Thank you.

banners
Back